Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Qualities

Hi,

Chiang Rai has what I call 'predictable unpredictable weather'. Today it began all sunny and nice and by mid-afternoon we were in total cloud cover. We went into town, ran some errands and more.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, but you knew that. Time for a 'Summer of Love' oldie. Usually, when the summer of '67 is mentioned it brings memories of Monterey, psychedelic music, and boogie bands. There was also a lot of R&B going on and today we'll try and remember a song of the times: "Comin' to you, on a dusty road. Good lovin', I got a truckload. And when ya get it, ha, you got somethin'. So don't worry, cos I'm comin'. I'm a __ __ (horns) I'm a __ __ (horns)...." Hint: This tune was one of many hits by a duo that apparently didn't like each other. There was also a terrible movie of the same name but no connection.

This morning, when we took the dogs out, the sky was clear and the sun was blazing. Most of their running was in the shade, but that also means the distractions of the bushes. They got some good exercise, came in and crashed. They love the morning routine. I have a feeling Daku can tell time.

While the dogs slept, we slipped out of the house and drove into town. We had some things to drop off at Bliss Studio for the Sold Project. Khun Chalit graciously acts as a donation drop-off sight for people wanting to give books and art supplies for the kids.

When we walked into the pharmacy warehouse we noticed a big pile of products on the floor. It was a mixture of everything. Lisa jokingly asked the owner if they were taking inventory and she cracked up. She explained that a new store was opening in another town and they were preparing their initial stock. Somebody's going to have a lot of sorting to do.

The 'and more' of this trip to town involved me getting a haircut. Actually, a partial cut since I still have lots of hair on top of my head. A few months ago I cut the dreds from the side of my head. Mostly to stay cooler, but also for a bit of fashion. Keeping it short by myself was being problematic so we went to a shop that's run by young men. About 10 minutes and $3.30 later, I had that short and breezy look again. (Ha) Now I'll go to them on a regular basis.

My prediction about a full swim came to fruition. Under a canopy of gray clouds we swam and hung out in the warm water. Now we're watching an exciting tennis match between Venus Williams and Kimiko Date-Krum. Never thought I'd enjoy the sport so much. Hmm. Next month we'll be getting an introduction to 'Net Ball' when they show the championships on TV. While I'm on the topic of sports, we learned that the mascot for the Chiang Rai United Football Club is a Stag Beetle. Amazing Thailand.

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"We attract hearts by the qualities we display;
we retain them by the qualities we possess."
~Suard

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: