Monday, June 27, 2011

Friend

Hi,

We've had a ton of rain here in Chiang Rai. Over the weekend we went to Big C, Central Plaza, Lisa had a massage experience, and I got an iPad.

That 'Old School Friday' classic was "Earth Angel" by The Penguins. The 'Easy Monday' song has definitely been on our minds. I think the same can be said for Southern California as well. This should be easy. "Don't know why, there's no sun up in the sky, __ __, since my gal and I ain't together. Keeps rainin' all the time. Hint: Although it's a love song of sorts, the theme should be obvious. This is a 'Standard' and has been done by everyone. Any artist will do. (How's that for easy?)

Saturday morning we decided to do our shopping during a break in the rain. By lunch time it had started again. At 1pm Atom and Khun Ann arrived to begin the massage therapy session. Atom stayed for the whole session, translating everything Ann was saying about what she was doing. When it was over, Lisa felt relaxed and encouraged about the process. Tuesday of next week we will both have a session with Ann, then another before we leave for our trip to the states.

By late afternoon it looked like we wouldn't be going to Walking Street, since the clouds were very dark and threatening. Sure enough, it rained all night. When we got up Sunday morning, the yards had more water than we've ever seen. The dogs loved it. I tried to keep them close to the back door, but they tore around the side of the house and had a quick romp through the water.

We went to Central Plaza a little early, before our lunch date with Atom, to do some shopping. My mission was to get an iPad. When I got to the iBeat Apple Store I was told that everyone was out of stock. The young man who helped me was not sure when they'd get any more. His English was very good and we talked about a possible arrival date. I mentioned that I wanted it before our trip and he just smiled. I gave him my number, and when I asked for his name and number he told me his name was Moses. What are the odds that his first name would be my last? We had a good laugh, and a little bonding. Lunch was fun, as usual, and afterwards we saw people we knew. This always happens on the weekend when 'browsing' through the Plaza. Later in the afternoon I got a call from Moses. He had an iPad for me. We went back to the store in the evening and he explained that he was holding one for someone else, but he knew how much I wanted it so he sold it to me. Now the learning curve begins.

While we watched the Grand Prix of Europe, my attention was split between watching the race and getting acquainted with my new device. I managed to enjoy both.

Today we had more rain for most of the day. We had to take Daku to the vet because he woke up with a limp. It appears to be a strain in his shoulder. He got an injection and some pills he has to take. He's already doing a little bit better. It's probably a good thing that it's raining so much. It's a great excuse when explaining to him why we can't play outside. (Ha)

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"A real friend is one who walks in
when the rest of the world walks out."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: