Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Today began with blue sky and wispy clouds.  By early afternoon it was storming at our house.  I like the fast ones, in and out within 30 minutes.  

The ‘Zany Day’ tune was “Rockin’ Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu” by Huey ‘Piano’ Smith.  ‘Old School Friday is next:  “They asked me how I knew, my true love was true.  I of course replied, something here inside can not be denied.  They, said some day you’ll find all who love are blind.  When your heart’s on fire, you must realize __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  This classic from 1959 is by a group whose name was a nickname for a record, back in the day.  

Last night I had to take Lisa to Bangkok Hospital for an injection.  The doctor had told us that if her headache got too intense, that was the next step.  As is usually the case in these situations, her doctor wanted to keep her over night to see how things went.  This morning it (the headache) was back so a new course of action was taken.  She is pain free, but spending another night at the ‘hotel’.  I spent most of the morning and lunch time with her and then returned this evening.  She was ready to come home tonight, but had to stay.  Our friend, Dr. Intorn went by to visit her twice today.  Such a neat guy, always checking her status and making sure she is comfortable.  It looks like we may have a normal weekend.

This is a sign posted all around the hospital, relating to Covid testing.  I love the little characters.


JaiDee is not happy with the situation.  He is missing his primary companion, trainer and feeder.  We did pretty good this morning.  I make his breakfast, gave him a few treats, and then he attacked me.  I think he has a timer in his head that only allows him to treat me nice for so many minutes per day.  When I came home tonight he was in full-on crazy mode.  Natcha came in and rescued me.  He attacks me because he wants to play but doesn’t know how to do it gently.  They had company and I think that had him on edge, right at his bedtime.  Life in the village.

Being out at night has given me a good view of Chiang Rai with less restrictions.  The restaurants are full and people are busy in the streets.  One of my favorite spots whose name I love has closed.  It was called “@night”, which I thought was very clever.  Saw another creative sign for a cafe: ‘Like’ with the Facebook thumbs up logo.  I just hope the concept of safety will finally creep into the vocabulary.  Those crowded eateries are not a good idea, yet.

This is the weekend of the first race of the Formula One season.  They finally figured out how to do it safely.  The race is in Austria at the Redbull Ring, a long track in the countryside.  There were no spectators during practice.  The commentators and pit crews are tested every 5 days and their mics are disinfected at the end of every day.  Their are no spectators at this race, which is very strange, but they’re racing.  Strange new world.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        Stay at home.    Now, the ‘Funnies’.

                                Peace,
                                          Danny


No comments: