Thursday, January 14, 2021

Someday

Hi,

Our weather seems to be very slowly adding a tiny bit of warmth to our lives.  The weird part is sitting in the room, feeling it getting colder. 

This week’s ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune seems to be a foggy memory.  A few responses, but I’m sure more of you know:
“Yes, __ __ __, __, don’t let him take me, don’t let him handle me with his hot hands.  If you can keep me I wants to stay here with you forever, I’ve got my man.”  Clue:  It’s the title song from a musical.  The musical title has two names, the name of a couple. 

This morning we went to Chivit Thamma Da and met with our friends Lisa and her dad Win (Edwin).  In the course of conversation he mentioned the snow in Laos.  He used to work there and spent many years learning about the culture and history.  The snow was on the “Plain of Jars”.  That, of course begged the question, ‘What does that mean?’.  There are giant stone jars, containers, etc. that date back thousands of years.  There is much mythology surrounding them.  They were carved from various minerals, and are very heavy.  He had photos on his phone showing one of them being airlifted by a helicopter.  It took two tries to lift it, requiring a larger copter for success.  There is finally going to be a research study to determine the origins of these protected objects.  Thought you’d like to know.

Today’s photo was taken at The Wanderer.  No, not another orchid, but a very twisted pineapple.  I am told that it’s not for eating, just looking.


The cold air we’re experiencing is coming from China.  It’s happened before, but we sometimes forget the source and forget to thank them (555).  

As a result of my delving into the world of the smart watch, I have been able to improve my sleep quite a bit.  I’m actually getting both ‘deep sleep’ and ‘light sleep’.  The time that I am awake in the middle of the night is much shorter than I perceive when it’s happening, and this has taken a lot of stress out of going to bed.  Chamomile tea and natural supplements seem to be helping a lot.  In the morning I can look at the app on my phone and see exactly when I went to sleep, when I woke up and so on.  Ain’t science grand?

Have a Happy Thursday,

                       Peace,
                                 Danny 

“How far you go in life depends on your being tender
with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with
the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because someday
in your life you will have been all of these.”
~George Washington Carver 

No comments: