Monday, January 4, 2021

Rich

 Hi,

The local weather just went through a little overnight cold snap, but seems to be recovering just fine.  This evening is warm.  It may be cold in the morning, we never know.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “At Last” by Etta James.  ‘Easy Monday’ may be easy for some:  “I think I’m gonna be sad, I think it’s today, yeah.  The girl that’s driving me mad is going away.  She got a __ __ __, she’s got a __ __ __, she’s got a __ __ __, but she don’t care.”  Hint:  It’s by those four lads from across the pond.  Someone received passage to somewhere.  Hmm.

Saturday was massage day at The Big Brown House.  Lisa, Natcha and I all got treatments from Jin.  This time I went for 2 hours.  It used to be that I would cringe at the thought and 1.5 was my limit.  Saturday I welcomed the attention and slept really good that night.  More please.

Sunday we took JaiDee to The Wanderer and had a nice coffee and ice thing.  He met a family and they took a ton of photos of him.  After his ‘photo shoot’ we went to Browney Pet World where he got more love from his buddies.  

Tomorrow I will be celebrating 31 years in Recovery.  It feels different this year, since we’re usually in So. California and there is a ‘build up’ to the day.  We will be traveling north to Mae Chan on Sunday to celebrate with the group up there.  

It usually happens that I get some kind of birthday present on this occasion and this year is no exception.  As you know, we’ve been using these little smart ‘watch bands’ that keep track of one’s walking, sleeping etc.  The only problem is, the results are so tiny that it becomes an exercise in frustration.  I started yearning for a big screen (555), so today after our Big C run, we went to Central Plaza and I came out with a Huawei GT2 hot rod watch.  I am very happy with this little machine on my wrist.  This evening my wrist buzzed and I looked down to see an animated figure doing some stretches and words telling me it was time to move.  Earlier, it buzzed and it was a phone call from Lisa.  She was upstairs and I didn’t realize that by putting her in my contact list, I would get calls from her.  Look out Dick Tracy!

Time for more flowers.





This last plant is carnivorous.  Insects follow a scent and fall into the bulb.


Have a Great Week.     Stay Safe in the new year.

                              Peace,
                                        Danny

“There is a gigantic difference between
earning a great deal of money and being rich.”
~Marlene Dietrich

No comments: