Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Peace

 Hi,

Warm weather is what we’ve got in Chiang Rai.  The mornings are still cool, but not like before.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 90°F.  Did we miss winter, or was it just real short?  

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song was a hit record, as well as the title song of a box office hit.  Lots of you got this.
“I never wanted to be your weekend lover, I only wanted to be some kind of friend.  Baby, I could never steal you from another, it’s such a shame our friendship had to end.  __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __.  I only want to see you underneath the __ __.”  Clue:  There is a royal shade of precipitation involved.  The artist was a prolific writer who was once known as a symbol instead of his name.

Today was ‘Stay-at-home-Tuesday’.  The morning was mostly dog play and a conversation with Joe.  The afternoon was about problem solving centered around house stuff.  Our electrician guy Nung, who also fixes almost anything, came over to try and help us figure out why our power bill had gone up.  He didn’t know, but changed three lights for good measure.  As he was leaving, the water pump guys returned, but with different personnel.  They were trying to find the reason the upstairs bath tub had irregular pressure.  By the time they left, they had determined that there was a leak that kept the pump motor running, which may have bumped up the power bill and caused weak water pressure upstairs.  Now someone has to find the leak and all will be well, he said.  What a day.

Some of you may remember that back in August I had a surgical procedure on my left eye-lid.  Somewhere in that time period, or after, I took out my contact and didn’t replace it right away.  Yesterday we went to an optometrist to have our eyes examined for new prescriptions.  I took out the right lens, but had trouble removing the contact from my left eye.  I was hoping I could get some help, but what I got was a tiny suction cup.  I’ve used them before but this one just pulled my eye (not a comfortable feeling at all).  Another ‘doctor’ was called in and she tried to help.  Finally, they proclaimed that the lens was too tight and I should go to the hospital and have the ophthalmologist take it out.  We opted to drive up to Bangkok Hospital, where the doctor knows my eye (555).  He did an extensive examination of my eye with drops, dye and a fancy magnifying scope and told me there was no contact lens in my eye.  So, by now my eye was all red and inflamed, but none the worse for wear, as the saying goes.  Tomorrow I’ll go back to the optometrist and get examined again and ‘see’ what happens.

This photo series I like to call ‘A Boy and His Ball’.  What started out as his first ‘football’ has since been deflated and turned into his favorite indoor toy.






Have a Happy Tuesday.

                            Peace,
                                      Danny

“Peace cannot be kept by force;
it can only be achieved by understanding.”
~Albert Einstein

No comments: