Monday, January 18, 2021

Friend

 Hi,


The weather was a little warmer on Saturday, then cooler on Sunday, as clouds moved in and blocked the sun.  Not cool (555).  It got very cool.  The evening walks are colder now, and require layers.  This week is supposed to get cold again.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Magic Carpet Ride” by Steppenwolf, 1968.  ‘Easy Monday is next, and it’s easy.
“__ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __, ‘cause I try and I try and I try, and I try, I can’t get no, I can’t get no.  When I’m drivin’ in my car and a man comes on the radio, he’s tellin’ me more and more about some useless information, suppose to fire my imagination.  I can’t get no, oh no, no, no…”  Hint:  Song of frustration from outside demands.  Group named after a blues song.  It’s from 1965.

This weekend we remained in our small orbit of travel.  Our usual coffee places were visited early, and shopping was done before the crowds.  While Chiang Rai is still very safe as far as the virus goes, we’re not taking chances.  Travelers have become smugglers and don’t even know it.  I’m being dramatic, but that’s how this thing moves around, with travelers who don’t know they’re sick.  There has been an increase in cases in Thailand, mostly discovered through the testing being done in the south at a migrant worker ports of entry.  There have also been cases detected at the airport when international travelers arrived.  

Sunday we took JaiDee to The Wanderer for lunch.  It had warmed up enough so sitting outside was very pleasant.  JaiDee spotted Khwan talking to some other patrons and his tail started wagging and he was ready for a visit.  It took longer than he thought it should and he got a little anxious.  When she finally came to our table, he made little sounds that almost seemed like growling, but weren’t.  Later, a couple came over to meet him and the same thing happened.  He made the almost growling sound and the young woman pulled away.  Jaidee then motioned with his muzzle that he wanted to be petted again, so she did and it was cool.  I guess he’s evolving.  Next, he’ll be forming words to convey his desires.  

Today was a stay at home day.  A lot of dog tending.  JaiDee is going through a thing with three of his paws and we think we may know the cause.  For now, they are under the care of Dr. Lisa, who treats them, then wraps them and sends her patient off with cute little socks on each paw.  

Today’s photo is from my downtown collection.  There is a hotel that features a laundromat in the lobby.  This mural is part of the ambience.  I call it “Laundry Animals”.


Have a Great Week.   Stay safe, stay mellow.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“The only way to have a friend
is to be one.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: