Thursday, January 7, 2021

Music

 Hi,

Today it was back to one layer of clothing.  Truly a summer day.  We’d have the windows open this evening but it’s a bit smokey and warm.  Waiting for next week and the temperature drop, not with open arms.

‘Jazzy Wednesday’ had one response so far.  Some of you may have heard this song in a movie, or by a younger artist, but the original performance is truly inspired.  “Wish I’d forget you, but you’re here to stay.  It seems I met you when my love went away.  Now everyday I start by saying to you, ‘__ __, __, what’s new?”  Clue:  The title seems innocent enough, a simple salutation to the blues, but with a much deeper meaning.

We woke up to the same news that many of you probably saw or heard.  There are some things one just doesn’t do.  A few months ago I was reminded of the word ‘Civility’.  It seems to have been lost somewhere on the road to D.C.  I won’t dwell, but I’m glad my mother didn’t have to see the news.  

The cautions about the virus are being taken very seriously here in Chiang Rai.  I think there is more about it in the Thai press, what with the various outbreaks in the southern part of the country.  Containment is the key right now so it can be stopped in it’s tracks and not allowed to spread as far.  We are still in the Yellow Zone, which means we are not in any danger.  Until mobility is slowed down and inter-provincial travel is curtailed in the north, we need to stay alert.  Just thought you’d want to know what’s happening here.

The Flower Show is still happening and this will be the last day we will be attending, I think (555).  The tulips and the big shoes are a set (55) and the phone booth, well, a bit of old school humor I guess.







Tomorrow morning I think we’ll take JaiDee on a much needed outing.  He’s going through another developmental phase and we need to keep his social skills sharp.  You know, teenagers think they know everything and want to take over.  Can’t let that happen just yet.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

“Music is the voice that tells us
that the human race is greater 
than it knows.”
~Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: