Monday, November 1, 2010

Freedom

Hi,

The cold season is officially here. Nights in Chiang Rai are now in the 50s, not a cloud in the sky, with daytime highs in the low 80s. I have a few Bangkok stories, but I'll save them for when I'm feeling better. It's hard to concentrate with a low grade fever and achy everything.

The 'Old School' song that several of you knew was "Long Tall Sally", by Little Richard. Most of these old songs can be heard if you do a search in either Google or Youtube. It's amazing, how much music has been uploaded. In fact, if you do a Youtube search for Mosaic Tweed, you will hear the band I was in back in the late 60s singing "Comin' Home". You can hear what I sounded like as a young man. Big thanks to my dear friend Frank for letting me know. For 'Easy Monday' check this out: "'The problem is all inside your head', she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free, there must be __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: The singer/writer was once part of a duo. Suggestions on dodging a relationship. There is a number involved.

This bug I have began in Bangkok, or before, so I may only have a day or so left. Bear with me, I'll be back to my chatty self before you know it. (Ha) I'll just rest and enjoy the constantly thumping bass from across the river. There's a big expo/carnival happening. So what if it's Monday night. Chiang Rai loves to party. What a place.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Although we have been made to believe
that if we let go we will end up with nothing,
life itself reveals again and again the opposite;
that letting go is the path to real freedom."
~Sogyai Rinpoche

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: