Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dance

Hi,

The 'new weather' will take some getting used to. We had to open up the containers with the warm shirts, the ones with sleeves. It's hard to imagine. Thank you to those who asked how I'm feeling. It's a little hard to say. Mostly the same I guess, and now Lisa's got the achy eyes and the cough. I do have a few Bangkok (BKK) stories so stick around.

'Easy Monday' will be a snap on Tuesday with the lyrics to the chorus. I did get some correct responses. Sing on.
"You just slip out the back, Jack. Make a new plan, Stan. You don't need to be coy, Roy, just get yourself free. Hop on the bus, Gus.... there must be __ __ __ __ __ __." What more can I tell you. The first blank is a number. Hmm.

Lisa told me that while I was in BKK, Daku would go to my side of the bed and rest his chin there. At night he'd go there, sniff around and lie down. When I got home he was super excited. I just wish I could go outside and play with him. That's what he wants. He comes over to my side of the bed and paws me and looks at me with those pleading eyes.

I stayed at a fairly nice hotel, not upscale, and it was really interesting to hang out near the lobby and listen to all the different languages. There was a big Rugby tournament going on and there must have been about five teams staying at the Ambassador. I've watch a little bit of the sport, but to see these guys in person is impressive. Most of them are hulks. Across the street, there is a garden restaurant, and Friday night they had a jazz quartet with a woman fronting the group. They played a lot of jazz classics and it was a real treat to be able to just stand across the street for a little entertainment. Inside I discovered that they have a model train layout, complete with detailed landscape and a working train. That brought back childhood memories.

Except for my trip to Pantip Plaza on Friday evening, I stayed close to the hotel. Saturday I went searching for a market that I remembered from my last visit. On the way I encountered many groups of young women who were supposedly advertising for the various massage parlors on the block. Some had little cat whiskers drawn on their faces in honor of Halloween. I just struck me that it doesn't take five girls to tell you about a tiny business down the walkway. Oh well, it's Bangkok. It's all different there, compared to Chiang Rai. In fact, the mention of Chiang Rai brings big smiles from Bangkok locals. It's someplace they'd all like to experience.

There are two 7-11s on the block. One large and one tiny. I ended up in both of them. The big one has an old dog that hangs out in front. Everyone seems to know this dog, sometimes speaking to him, sometimes petting him. He's quite at home either on the front step or in the street by the curb. The dogs that seem to be loosely attached to someone are pretty mellow. The wild packs are another story, but I only know them from the country. I'll take the mellow dog every time.

Sunday morning, when I got to the airport I noticed two farangs (foreigners) checking their baggage. They caught my eye because they had hockey sticks. I did a double take, made sure I was seeing right, and just kept walking. I'm sure there's an ice rink in Bangkok. Now my curiosity has been peaked so I'll have to do some investigating. (555) There are many things I still have to learn about this wonderful, mysterious country. Over time I will share what I find. In the meantime, I need to do some more 'vegging'. You understand.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: