Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Art

Hi,

Today was another post-card type weather day. I finally watered the front lawn, Daku got a new frisbee, Lisa taught ballet, and we had two deliveries. It was a nice day.

A few of you found the 'Easy' song easy. Maybe a couple of the clever choruses will help you remember the tune:
"You're __ __ __ who can scratch my itch, __ __ __ and I wouldn't switch. We're still havin' fun, and you're __ __ __." And then there's this one: "You are __ __ __ that makes me shout, __ __ __ that I dream about. We're still havin' fun, and you're __ __ __." Clue: If the group broke up and reformed, then they would be New __, just like the city. That should take care of that.

We thought that Sunday was the end of Loy Kratong but last night proved to be an even bigger deal. I went into town in the evening and ended up in a major traffic snarl. There was a huge parade of giant floats on Walking Street, and I was headed right for it. Luckily, I noticed cars behind me turning around so after I spotted a float, I turned around too. I took my alternate route which led me to another closed street. Up ahead I could see big fireworks displays in the sky and hundreds of people in the street. Eventually, I had to go across town and take the highway to Ban Mai. The road was clear but I could see colorful displays dotting the sky as I drove home. The fairgrounds were going strong, balloons were floating up, and the sound of explosions filled the night.

Lisa ordered a language program from a local company and the discs arrived today. We also ordered two rolls of polyethylene sheets for her art from America and that also arrived. We don't get much mail so getting two things in one day is kind of special. We'll have the large sheets cut to specific sizes since that is what determines the size of the cast acrylic print.

Tonight it sounds as though Loy Kratong is over. It's quiet outside. There are occasional 'booms' and 'bangs' in the distance. It won't remain quiet for long though. There will be a concert of a popular singer tonight on the big stage across the river. We heard the sound check this afternoon. All I can say is 'The bass was thumpin'".

Daku hasn't met his new frisbee yet. It's different from the last one so it may take 5 seconds for him to get used to it. Lately we've let him have the run of the house in the afternoon. Sometimes he'll nap in the kitchen, come up and visit, and then go back to the landing on the stairs. He's growing up. That doesn't mean the puppy part is gone. He still has little fits of crazy that are sometimes entertaining and sometimes annoying. But hey, he's a dog.

Have a Happy Tuesday. Big thanks to Claire for today's quote.

Peace,
Danny

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep"
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: