Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Young

Hi,

We just keep having these beautiful, hot days in Chiang Rai. Where's winter? I went back to the dentist, we cruised the talat (market), and Lisa hung out with a friend.

It's nice to see that 'Easy Monday' is back to easy. I got quite a few correct answers. I think the chorus will pull it together for those of you with doubts. "You're a __ __, no matter who you are, shining bright to see what you can truly be." Hint: Are you serious? (555)

When I arrived at the dentist office this morning, I assumed it would be for some kind of preliminary fitting of the device that would give me two rear molars. To my surprise, it was finished. Twenty minutes later I was done and I left with this thing in my mouth and doubts as to whether I could live with it. He told me it would feel strange for a few days. Hmm, I think he's right. I've had two meals and I've done pretty good so far. I just have to remember that I can chew on the left side. My mind/mouth is conditioned to use the right side. The weirdest thing about it is literally having a new palate. The human body is very adaptable so I suppose it will get better with time. Hmm.

Before lunch, Lisa and I made a run down to the talat. It was a brave thing we did, going into the market place at lunch time. We lucked out and found a parking place and headed for the 'everything store'. This is one of those stores where you walk around and say, 'Oh, this is where those come from.' We got a small shoe rack for outside of Boot's door, and some small trays. There's lots of basic stuff that can make life nicer. Some is made domestically and many things are from China. All of it is quite affordable.

Our next stop was in the maze that is the market. Fortunately, we have certain 'streets' inside where we do most of our shopping so we tend not to get lost anymore. Just before we entered, my sunglasses broke. Right inside there was a woman selling sunglasses. Hmm. I saw a pair that I liked, they had a good fit, and I got them. A good fit is important when you're investing in sunglasses. They cost $1.80 and I wanted them right. (Ha) Down the same 'street' we stopped at one of the shoe stores we frequent and Lisa got a pair.

The afternoon consisted of a trip to the bank and then a visit from Sutheera. She and Lisa visited downstairs for a while and Daku and I crashed upstairs. In the evening he and I walked around the yard having 'garden appreciation'. He likes to smell the flowers and the bushes that have them, even when they aren't blooming. There's one little flowering tree, however, that he likes to nibble and we're still dealing with that. He doesn't get to it often, but when he does, he loves the little flowers.

Tomorrow I'll take Boot and Tan (pronounced Tahn) down to Wat Rong Khun since Tan has never been there. In the evening we're taking them out to dinner. It's turning out to be another eventful week.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"I'm not young enough to know everything."
~Oscar Wilde

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: