Thursday, November 19, 2009

Perfection

Hi,

Life in Chiang Rai continues to be an adventure. Today I went back to the dentist, Lisa went to a Thai silk store, and we had a visit from an Amway dealer. Hmm.

The song appears to be a mystery to many of you. Cousin Trudye got the song, and two of you picked songs with six words that were not the right song, but had the word 'eye' in them. Very interesting. Maybe this will help:
"'Cause __ __ __ __ __ __, and a thousand eyes can't help but see if you're true to me. So remember when you tell those little white lies that __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: I practically gave you the title. If it's still a blur, there's a time of day involved. Who sang it?

My new denture device has been working out pretty good. I forgot what chewing on both side of the mouth was like. The only problem was that I was biting the tip of my tongue on occasion. The dentist wasn't busy when I arrived and went right to work making alterations. I think things are better now and I appreciate how quickly he helped me.

While I was getting my mouth in order Lisa was on an adventure of her own. Our friend Jen had invited her to go to one of her friend's shop to see her silk garments and accessories. They spent quite awhile at the showroom, looking at dresses, suits, scarves and purses. She came home with a beautiful black silk bag that's dressy and practical. Jen showed me a shirt that she had in her car and it was incredible. Maybe someday.

The remainder of the day was rather uneventful until late afternoon. BamBam started barking and wouldn't stop, then Boot started calling for Lisa. At first we thought something was wrong, until Lisa went downstairs and noticed two motorbikes coming into the yard. It was Jinda and some friends. Jinda sells Amway products, among other things, and we had committed to a bottle of floor cleaner for our laminate floors. Her 'boss' was with her and he went into his pitch (in Thai), trying to sell more products. I stayed upstairs while Lisa fended off the sales pitch.

This evening I spotted a dozen bicycle riders with helmet lights, heading out for an evening ride. They were on a mix of road and mountain bikes, and they were wearing the 'outfits' just like the tour pros. I think there are three or four clubs in Chiang Rai. I guess they know which roads are safe to ride, considering the condition of some of the pavement around here. Amazing Thailand.

I have to go downtown to Doi Chaang Coffee now, in order to send this message. Our internet has been out all evening. If it's not back in the morning I'll have to call my buddy Khun Nucha for an explanation.

Have a Fantastic Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Perfectionism is the highest form of self-abuse."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: