Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We spent most of today around the house. We got word that the art shipment arrived in Bangkok, plans were set for another trip to Chiang Mai, and I took a stroll in the business district.

Well, it looks like the song was a bust. That's too bad because you missed singing "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes" for two days. It was a hit for Bobby Vee. For the weekend I think I'll give you a break. This is from '78, so you'll need your dancin' shoes. "Git up on the floor, cuz we're gonna __ __ __ til you just can't __ no more." Hint: Yeah, it's about dancing and it's three words, two of which are the same, and not really words anyway. The other blank is there 'cause it would just give it away. (555)

Our adventures in the art world continue to escalate. It was quite a relief to find out that the four art pieces arrived as promised. We will visit the showroom when we go to Bangkok on our way to America. After we return, Lisa will give a presentation on the cast acrylic process to the staff so that they can explain it to their clients.

December 5th is the King's birthday and it's referred to as 'Father Day'. There will be a major art fair in Chiang Mai beginning on the 5th and our friend Nat has invited us to come and see the fair and visit her booth. She would like for Lisa to show some of her paintings next year. The big treat is that we'll be staying at a somewhat elegant boutique hotel for that night. It's run by a friend of Nat's and we think it's her treat. She told us it was sold out and the only available room is the honeymoon suite. So, well be going on a little honeymoon. Nice.

Today was a ballet class day and while Lisa was teaching, I went in search of printer ink. I stopped at a fairly new store we noticed on the way to class and ended up committing a social goof. I hadn't noticed all the shoes by the door as I went in. It wasn't until I was getting my change that I noticed someone taking off their shoes at the door. A quick look around and, with the exception of one woman, everyone was barefoot. Oops. I'll remember next time.

My search for ink wasn't over. I still needed one more so I headed up to what I call the business district. Friday traffic was slow and messy but I finally got there. I checked a couple of shops and then just started walking. I counted five barber shops in one block. Hmm, all but one had customers so I guess it didn't matter. It's a Thai thing. I found the other cartridge, learned more about what's on the street and felt a sense of accomplishment. (Ha)

Now it's time for the 'Funnies', sent to me by my friend Marty, who lives in Pai, Thailand. Enjoy.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Jokes to Exercise By

It is well documented that for every mile that you jog..... you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where she is.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

I have a philosophy about exercising to lose weight. I don't think you should punish your legs for something your mouth did.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

I don't jog, it makes the ice jump right out of my vodka tonic.

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

Not afraid of heights -- afraid of widths.

Practice safe eating -- always use condiments.

I plan on living forever. So far, so good.


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: