Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happiness

Hi,

Today was clear, cool and sunny here in Chiang Rai. We had more pool consultations, went to the market, got a massage, and I witnessed a parade of Tuk-Tuks. Today was a good day.

A few of you remembered the song. The next verse should make it clear that this took place in England. Hmm.
"Your mother she's an heiress, owns a block in St. Johns Wood and your father'd be there with her, if he only could. So don't play with me 'cause you're __ __ __." Hint: Three words, although the first word of the actual lyric is not the same as the title. Hey, it's only Rock & Roll but we like it. You really should know this song.

This morning, right before we got up, I heard a sound coming from the area where Daku was sleeping. It was a kind of rattling sound that didn't sound like any of his toys. When the alarm went off he jumped up and came over to me like he always does. He had something in his mouth. I grabbed his head and told him to 'drop it', which is something he hears a lot. He complied and my Blue Tooth head set fell out. Ugh. Upon closer examination I found that the little rubber part that goes in my ear was missing. He was still chewing but refused to give it up. I think he swallowed it. Now I have to get another one. I also have to make sure that there is nothing on my bedside table within reach of the monster dog. He's tall enough now that he can very quietly steal things.

As we were preparing to go to the market for veggies and fruit, Johan arrived. We discussed the modifications to the channel that runs around the outside of the pool. It seems there are cracks on the far side so a plan has been set in motion to put a layer of cement inside the channel with a gradual slope to aid in water flow. It should also take care of the cracks and stop some of the water loss we're still experiencing. Oh my.

Morning at the market is a fascinating time. There is lots of activity and all the fresh produce is neatly arranged. We have a 'favorite' vendor we go to for most of what we need. Today we bought some fresh noodles which Lisa used to make a delicious soup.

After lunch we watched as more beautiful plants were set in place around the waterfall. Every day it becomes even more amazing than the last. It is now quite lush and the 'jungle corner' is really happening. I think they have one more day of planting and then they begin the clean up.

This evening, as I was driving over the bridge, I saw a string of 9 Tuk-Tuks coming out of the fair grounds. It was really something to see, with all their various lights bobbing up and down as they made their way to town. Now I'm curious as to what it was all about. I will never know. That is a common occurrence around here. "You know something's happening but you don't know what it is..." Amazing Thailand.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Happiness is not in our circumstances,
but in ourselves.
It is not something we see, like a rainbow,
or feel, like the heat of a fire.
Happiness is something we are."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: