Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thinking

Hi,

It was a busy day in The Rai. There were visits to Toyota, Big C, and the bank. Time was spent pondering the flow of water in the pool, and we had a visit with new friends in the afternoon. Whew.

A lot of memories went to work on this one. I got lots of right answers to a song who's title is hard to hide.
"I can turn back the hands of time, you better believe I can. I can make the seasons change, just by waving my hand. I can change anything, from old to new. The things I want to do the most, I'm unable to do. Unhappy am I with all the powers I possess, 'cause girl you're the key to my happiness, and __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: This Detroit quintet really wants to have a relationship. The hook involves a slang phrase for having someone beside you. Hmm.

This morning I went to Toyota early, to get the Vios serviced. It was our 5,000 kilometer check-up. They told me it would be done in an hour and this time they were right. While I waited, I went through old email on my phone and tried to watch the Thai version of The View. They called me when the car was done and I was quite surprised when they told me it was only 95 Baht (about $3), and that included a car wash. Wow.

My next stop was Big C for some printer ink. It's so interesting to go there early while things are still being set up for the day. I got what I needed and it was totally painless. From there I dashed home, picked up Lisa, and we headed to the bank to meet with Khun Bobby (his nickname).

After lunch, we were hanging out upstairs and I was just getting into that siesta mode when I got a call from Johan. He'd be at the house in a few minutes. We walked around the pool and discussed the waterfall and tried to figure out why the water was going from the pond to the pool and not the other way around. We concluded that the pump for the falls was stronger than the drain could handle so it flowed into the pool. It doesn't hurt anything, just changes a little trick that I was hoping to achieve. Oh well. I turned down the flow a little but it's too soon to tell if it will work. It's still pretty amazing.

Right after Johan left our afternoon guests arrived. Nate and Rachel are the couple from L.A. that I mentioned in a previous post. They're here for a year working on a foundation that they created to help educate kids that are at risk. The primary purpose is to help put a stop to practice of young girls and boys being caught up in the sex trade. The children are given scholarships that allow them to have what they need to attend school, learn English and see the possibility of a brighter future. They have scholarships for 54 right now and they have a waiting list of 90 more kids who want to go to school. Rachel produced a documentary on the subject and it's being shown around the U.S. and they also sell it on-line. You can learn more, and watch a trailer for the film at:
http://www.thesoldproject.org/

Have a Wonderful Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
~Shakespeare

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: