Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Hi,

The weather has done a turn around, at least in the day time. It's actually hot again. The nights are cool, but not cold. We stayed home all day, but had a visit from our seamstress, and our insurance man. There was also a lot of watering.

I only got two responses to our current song. Surely somebody else remembers this mid 70's hit by a guy who recorded with The Beatles. "__ __ __ leaves __, you gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me (repeat)."
Clue: Here's a giveaway: what happens when you subtract zero from zero? You should get this just by doing the math. That extra blank is there so I don't completely give it away. (Ha)

For those of you in America, Happy Thanksgiving. We didn't find a turkey dinner, but we were thankful for the shrimp and rice dish that Boot served us. Yum. Have a wonderful day.

Lisa spent most of the day in her studio, working on another masterpiece. I watered the north forty (back yard) and also made sure the waterfall got it's daily misting. We haven't had rain in a long time so now we have to water on a regular basis.

This afternoon Ghan, our expert seamstress friend, came by to pick up some things that needed fixing and also to start on another bag for me using the material that Daku enjoyed the other night.

We also had a visit from Khun Surachet, our insurance guy. He brought us a check for the repairs on the front gate motor. We sat and had quite a chat with him about business and his recent trip to Phuket. We were all in agreement that Chiang Rai is the best place to live in Thailand.

This evening I went downtown and on my way back, I passed the street fair I told you about. The street is blocked off and I could hear music and merriment as I made my detour. Chiang Rai knows how to party.

I leave you with a few quotes about Thanksgiving.

Peace,
Danny

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action."
~W. J. Cameron

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life
actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value
into your life."
~Northrup Christiane

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got,
he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get."
~Frank A. Clark

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: