Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Opportunities

Hi,

Tuesday in Chiang Rai was a day for errands and dancing. I ran the errands and Lisa taught the dancing. Looks like rain but it never happens. Wednesday was shipping day. Stay tuned.

Your 'Easy' song this week was "Johnny B. Goode" by Mr. Chuck Berry. You should have known. A few did.
"They say that you're a runaround lover, though you say 'it isn't so'. But if you put me down for another, I'll know believe me I'll know...'Cause __ __ __ __ __ __...." Hint: This is from the season of '62/'63 and it was a hit single. I guess that would mean that the 'eyes' have it. (Ha)

The air was cool on Tuesday morning. I dropped Lisa off for a hair appointment and headed over to the highway for a series of stops. First stop was Sinthanee to order a new battery for the PC laptop. We actually took the battery to Chiang Mai on our trip and went to a store at Central that was listed on the internet. Yes, they were a dealer, but since the laptop was an 'older' model (3 years) we'd have to order it from Bangkok. They suggested going to a local outlet for that. The service at Sinthanee is always first rate and this time was no different. They confirmed that the battery was done and said they'd call me when they found a new one. An hour later they called to say a battery was on the way. It might take a month, but it's on the way. Hmm.

Big C was my next stop. With a list in hand I conquered the 'C' and did a pretty good job. I think I got everything on the list. The bulk of it was drinking water. My cart was loaded down with cases of soda water and two sizes of drinking water. This can make for a heavy cart. As I approached the exit conveyor escalator I braced myself just in case the wheels didn't lock. They didn't and as I gripped the hand rail, one of the cart workers dashed onto the belt and stood in front of the cart. I was impressed and the people in front of me got to ride down without getting run over.

The last time Lisa taught the girls ballet was about a month ago, right before their 'summer vacation'. It felt a little odd, driving down to the building as the sun was going down. All four girls showed up and they had a good session. They appeared to be happy to return to class with Lisa.

This morning (Wednesday) we went over to the frame shop to see Lisa's paintings in their finished state before they got packed up for their trip to Bangkok. The four works looked incredible and it was sort of sad to realize that we would not be seeing them at home. In the afternoon we returned to pick up the 'crates' that Khun Noy had constructed. They were very special containers that showed a lot of care. He packed them into the car and we took them to the shipping company downtown. Khun Nut had called to tell them we were bringing the paintings and the manager was standing out front waiting for us. This was the smoothest operation of this kind that we've ever encountered. Everything just 'worked'. The four pieces will arrive in Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. We'll see them again mid December on our way to America.

We got up super early this morning (to the delight of Daku) in hopes of seeing the meteor shower but we were covered with clouds. Our day began a half hour early. That won't happen again. (Ha)

Late this afternoon Tye and Napa came over to visit with Lisa. Boot joined them and the four of them had quite a time on the back patio. This hadn't happened in quite a while and I think they had a good time.

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized;
they die when neglected.
Life is a long line of opportunities."
~John Wicker

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: