Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was another day of activity around the compound. The garden crew came and did their monthly thing, we had an extended business lunch, and Lisa went on an expedition. Hmm.

Our last song was quite popular. "I Can't Get Next To You" by The Temptations was being sung all over the place. For the weekend, a song that may come easy to some, and may stump a few: "Melinda was mine till the time that I found her, holding Jim, loving him...I'll be what I am, a __ __." Clue: First of all, it's a really sad song. Used to be one of my favorites a long time ago. It's a great 'I just got dumped' song. The singer sits alone playing cards with himself.

We stayed close to home this morning. The yard was crawling with people grooming the place and Lisa worked on a new cast acrylic print. I don't even remember what I was doing. Hmm. We were having our friend Nut over for lunch, and to discuss the paintings Lisa has been doing in a 'modern' Feng Shui concept. Nut called and asked if she could bring Pui and of course we said yes. Pui and Nut are childhood friends and he's part of the 'Family' that welcomed us to Chiang Rai.

When Lisa took Nut up to her studio, she loved the pieces and the conversation moved to the next level. What's going to happen is, Nut is going to take four of Lisa's works to Bangkok where they will be on display in the showroom of the Feng Shui decorating business. To that end, after lunch Lisa, Nut, and Pui took the paintings to the frame shop to start that process, and then went to the shipping company to make arrangements to have them crated and shipped to Bangkok. Instead of one day in Bangkok before we head to America, we're taking two so we can visit the building, see Lisa's work on display, and get a feel for the whole operation. There's more to tell but it can wait.

Now it's time for the 'Funnies'. You will recall, last week we heard from the dog's diary. This week it's the cat.

Have a Mellow WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously intellectually challenged.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now!

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: