Monday, August 13, 2007

Worry

Hi,
Well, I'm back from a wild and crazy weekend. I looks like Linda and Reggie were the only ones to know the song. It was "Hungry Like A Wolf", by Duran Duran. Guess it wasn't that obscure after all. We'd better start the week with something more familiar. I'm going to give you some background parts and you name the song (we used to have big fun with this). "Doo lang doo lang, doo lang..." Hint: Girl group, about a boy.
So, about the weekend. We got invited to the Magic Castle for Sunday evening, which meant that Saturday was an excuse to go shopping. They have a very strict dress code at the Castle and we didn't have suit or dress. (by that I mean that I didn't have a suit and Lisa didn't have a dress) Ha! Anyway, We found what we needed and had a pretty good time doing it. Sunday morning I went to a Men's breakfast with about 350 close friends, left there, picked up Lisa and we went to the wedding of Vivian and Raul. Beautiful affair, lovely bride, handsome groom and an audience that really cleaned up nice. From there we were off the the Magic Castle. I promise to tell you about that tomorrow.
Today we fly to San Jose for a week of visiting with Lisa's dad Joe, his wife Eva in Palo Alto. We'll also spend an evening with the Bay area cousins (Eunice, James and Trudye) Oh, and we're going to see an old friend from the institute days that's been my Apple connection for years. We'll be back Thursday afternoon, but I'll be 'in touch'.
Right now it's time to try and pack, which means sharing one bag. (Ha) This will really be interesting, as I'm the champion of overpacking. This will require visualizing each day, and remembering that I don't change three times here, so why would I there. Hmm, there's a bit of logic in that. Maybe I've healed myself. We'll know in a couple of days.
I leave you with a quote from the past, that's always been a profound favorite. Have a Magnificent Monday.


Peace,
Danny


"Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair;
you can do it all day long and get nowhere."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style http://www.gratidude.blogspot.com

No comments: