Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hi,
You're probably noticing that these messages are coming later in the day. That's because we're on a mini-vacation and we get up when we get up. Then we go have a tacky breakfast and then I write. Today we went to IHOP and it was slow and slower. Yesterday we went to Denny's. I think it was the lesser of two evils. Oh well, it's not forever.
My hat's off (don't wear a hat) to all of you who knew "He's So Fine", by the Chiffons, from 1963. You may recall, the song was the focus of a lawsuit, claiming that George Harrison had 'stolen' the melody for his song, "My Sweet Lord". The final ruling was, George didn't intentionally copy the melody. As one fan put it, 'we got two great songs'.
"Some day, when I'm awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel the glow just thinking of you and __ __ __ __ __" Clue: Very old, many recordings, a standard. Bonus points for the R&B group that recorded it back in the day.
We spent yesterday with Joe. We went to the Apple store to get a camera for his iMac. They were out, so we went back for more research. Tried many things, got very frustrated, but haven't given up. Don't you love it when a 'tech' tells you, 'just go to blah blah, and click on the zonk and you'll be all set'. Never happens that way. We did have a great day and evening, so, machines aside, we're happy. We're going back today for a final attempt.
This evening we're going north to Oakland, for dinner with the Cousins. I'm sure I'll have much to tell after that.
Since my mind is stuck on solving our latest technical difficulty, I'm going to wish you a Wacky Wednesday and sign off.

Peace,
Danny


"Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws
him, and then choose that way with all his strength."
~Hasidic saying

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: