Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Light

Hi,
I'm a little late today. (sorry about posting so late to the blog yesterday) I had to take C-Bass to Sports Camp this morning. He was in a great mood. Camp in the morning is like organized chaos. It brought back memories, watching the counselors trying to get them sorted out and deciding where to put them. Ahh, summer.
I can't believe it's less than two weeks until we leave. We posted the Lexus and my Treo and it brought things to a new level of reality. Just in case you're curious/interested, here are the links:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/401587275.html for the Lexus IS 300

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/402094515.html for the Treo 650 (smart phone)

So, are you telling me that Linda and Lisa are the only ones who know this song? Surely you remember:
"I don't even know how to hold your hand, just to make you understand. But __ __ to learn (to learn)
__ __ __ to learn (to learn)...." Hint: It was 1965, slow R&B ballad about a young woman deciding to take chance on love.
Sunday we went out to Bangkok Blue with my mom. In the course of all the conversations about LOS, we discovered that most vitamins are available. That's a big relief because we were trying to figure out how we could take enough to last and whether they could be mailed to us. Another problem solved. One challenge that we haven't decided on is how to deal with the Customs agent, who informed us that our original passports will be necessary in order to release our container when it arrives. We're not too keen on sending our passports through the mail, to Bangkok. They've assured us that's they've been doing it for eight years without any problems. Hmm, make numerous copies of all the pages and cross our fingers, or fly to Bangkok for the release. We'll see.
I still have some decisions to make as far as what I'm leaving behind. Notice I didn't say 'taking'. I could take it all, and not be able to lift the bags. Attachment is still there, and still a form of suffering. Hmm.
Last night we set up Skype accounts. If you have Skype, write me and let me know. Computer to computer communication is free. We could have video visits from across the pond. Just don't forget to comb your hair. (Ha)
Have a HOT Tuesday and don't forget to drink water and blah, blah, blah.

Peace,
Danny

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
the real tragedy of life is when adults are afraid of the light."
~Plato

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: