Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Funnies (not really)

Hi,
A little late this morning. Had a late night after a tiring day. All that to say that sometimes one must sleep in. Oh, you had to get up? Your time will come. (Ha)
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. That was the multifaceted piece that worked my brain for two days. How about you?
Let's try this for the weekend: "In touch with the ground, I'm on the hunt I'm after you. Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd And I'm __ __ __ __ " Clue: they had several major world wide hits. Their name was redundant, song has an animal vibe (hmm). Did I just give it away? I don't think so.
So, Lisa spent most of the day at the beach with Anna and the boys, plus several other kids. Sounds like they had a great time. I spent most of the day and evening in a chair, getting my hair twisted by a woman from Senegal. Her eight month old daughter, Astu was in a walker next to me and we became best buds. It was a interesting day, as an observer of culture. Two artists spoke a derivation of French as their native language and it drove the owner nuts when they'd go on long conversations. I just sat and smiled, noting the tone of paranoia that filled a morning conversation about immigration, language, and 'rights'. It seems that every sub-culture is fighting for perceived survival, rather than trying to collectively work towards peaceful coexistence. The conclusion was, that acceptance understand and,
compassion were the key elements needed to change it all. Duh. Isn't it interesting, that within each culture, these things are taught, but they don't seem to get applied when dealing with 'others'. Ok, I'm done.
It's time for the 'Funnies', brought to us today by Cousin Trudye from the Bay Area. I think this is the first time I've sent cartoons. Hope you get them. Have a Wild and Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny


Sorry, the cartoons won't copy into the blogspot format. Not to worry, they were just about getting old, and since you're not that old, they wouldn't have been funny anyway. (Ha)


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style http://www.gratidude.blogspot.com

No comments: