Thursday, August 9, 2007

Kindness...

Hi,
Judging from the mail I got yesterday, we were all singing in our heads, though probably not the same section at the same time. Lots of choices. If it didn't come to you, maybe this chapter will ring a bell. Have a good time with it.
"I see a little silhouetto of a man Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me Gallileo, Gallileo...." This one is interesting because the title is not a lyric in the song. To my thinking (uh,oh) this is one of the most unusual hit songs in popular music, especially considering the times. What else to say except that there's an air of royalty in the group's name.
We got our visas yesterday. We are official, certified, stamped, and paid in full. As Lisa put it, we really pose no threat. What was interesting about the whole process is that we were not treated as suspects or threats at any time. This, of course, is contrary to how 'some' countries handle immigration. Nuff said.
We went downtown to pick up a few gifts (not for us) and have lunch. Such restraint and composure. We saw, but didn't buy. Wait, we went to the mall and I bought socks, but that was planned. The impulse thing is pretty much under control. Only because we're still cutting back on our bags. Just wait 'til we get to Chiang Rai.
I can't believe how calm I've been without a T.V. It's as though a wave of acceptance and serenity washed over me and dulled me out. Maybe it's the confidence in reruns and DVD collections that's allowing me to stay calm. What ever, I'm sure everyone around me is happy.
Well, I'm off on a 'hairy' adventure (get it?). Next time you see me, I won't look like the me you saw the last time you saw me. (Ha)
Today's quote was sent to me by Blue. It was sent to him by a fan of Seawind (a group we've loved for years. History later).
Have a Thursday on the house.

Peace,
Danny


"Kindness and compassion towards all living beings is a mark of a civilized society. Racism, economic deprival, dog fighting and cock fighting, bullfighting and rodeos are all cut from the same defective fabric: violence. Only when we have become nonviolent towards all life will we have learned to live well ourselves."
:: Cesar Chavez


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: