Monday, August 6, 2007

Let Go

Hi,
This is the first day of Lisa's 'Retirement Life" and it seems to be growing on her. Friday she had to turn in all the physical attachments to her job: The Blackberry that was a constant source of communication and sometimes aggravation, the parking card and the keys. It was an interesting weekend just floating free, working on letting go.
The easy weekend song was "Help" by The Beatles. Where was my mail. You were all supposed to write me 'cause you knew the answer. Please tell me your dog ate your homework, or that your connection went down. (I'm trying to prime you for writing me in LOS)
Today's song may be easy for some. As usual, the title and the original artist. I heard a great cover, but that doesn't count.
"Feed the babies, Who don't have enough to eat, Shoe the children, Without shoes on their feet, House the people
Livin' in the street. Oh, Oh There's a solution. I wanna __ __ __ __..." Hint: Late 70s from a band with many hits. about a desire to do what man has always wanted to do.
Saturday we made the big, basic move from the condo to the house. Norm and Irena are very gracious hosts and have made us feel more than at home. Saturday I tried the shower chamber. It took a while to figure out all the controls and I got squirted with cold water from one of the side jets. Not a nice surprise. I finally got hot water from a shower wand and settled for that. I still want to go in and try all the tricks. Lisa figured out how to run a bath and turn on the mood lights and bubbles. We could get real comfortable here.
Saturday evening we were taken to dinner by some good friends from Lisa's former work. (likin' the way that sounds) We had a lovely time. Later I'll post a link that will blow your mind.
Sunday we did more follow-up packing and cleaning out at the condo, and then Jeff, Anna and The Boys came over for a swim. Another fun day in the sun. We capped off the day watching "Catch & Release" with our hosts on their giant HD TV with the surround and all. Now I'm officially spoiled.
We off to deal with the business of departure. This will be exciting, gratifying work for sure. Have a Momentous Monday.

Peace,
Danny




"When I let go of what I am,
I become what I might be."
Lao Tzu

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: