Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Trail

Hi,

The ghost is back. I'm talking about the paragraph space. Oh well, doesn't really matter. What matters is, the thing still works.

Aren't you proud of yourself for knowing the song (even though you didn't write to tell me)?? I'm happy for you. The song title was "Fly Like An Eagle", by The Steve Miller Band, 1976. Lane writes: An earlier 1973 version of the song features a more bluesy and less funk-inspired rhythm, and guitar taking the synthesizer parts (albeit with similar delay effects). The lyrics are slightly different, indicating that the place the eagle wants to fly away from is a Native American reservation.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality..." Hint: We've traveled with them before. Longtime readers should remember this memorable operetta. If there's weak response, the clues may get deeper. Have fun, sing it all day, out loud. (scare people)

Yesterday we did the deed. Arrived at the Thai Consulate with all of our stuff, fairly organized and they loved it. Papers were shuffled and collated and we were sent to window #2. There was some partial scrutiny, pages were stamped and 'O-A' writen at the top. That signifies Retirement Visa. Then we were sent to window #4 where we paid our money. Everyone kept saying come back tomorrow after 10:30 to pick up your visa. What? Yea! Whoopie! Still waiting until we have paper in hand before we really cut loose. (shhh, I'm secretly dancing inside)

The August Chronicles: If you recall, last week I thought it might be the end of the Chronicles, since our weekly visits might have to end. Well, I misspoke. It turns out, he's never seen Norm's house. He knows Norm, and his crews because they've done major work for Jeff and Anna. That's another story. When I picked him up and told him where we were going, his eyes lit up. They were already pretty bright from telling me all about crickets. Everybody at Science Camp went home with a 'cricket condo', and lots of info. Did you know that only boy crickets make noise at night? You should have heard us trying to explain why the girls don't make noise. Anyway, when we pulled up in front of the house, sound of amazement came from the back seat. Things like 'That's the biggest house I've ever seen' and 'That's a great house'. August knew, from the things Norm had put in his (August's) house, that this one should have some tricks. He was quite impressed with the bathroom 'Chamber' and we let him turn on the lights and the radio with the remote. Another big hit was the massage chair. Lots of buttons to push. We got him to describe what each function was doing. He did a good job, with verbal and hand gestures.

We had a light dinner and did more exploring. August loved the washing machine, with so many options and things to push and control. He doesn't just look at buttons. He creates a result in his mind. By that, I mean, he imagines what's happening when an action is taken. His logic is very accurate. Which brings us to another part of the adventure. When we got to his house, he had to show me something. (he always has to show me something) He picked up a box and set it on the floor. He then announced that he had done this all by himself, with no help. The 'This' he spoke of was the complete disassembly of his music player/radio. He had permission to do this, by the way. I ask him what he was going to do with it and he calmly told me it was going in the trash. But he was saving the speakers. My kinda guy. He then proceeded to connect one of the speakers to another CD player and tape it to the back. It worked and joy filled the house.

I've added the blogspot address to the signature, so you don't have to worry about losing it. Just bookmark it and you can always find me. I'll be adding some new things when we get to LOS.

As we approach our exit, many things are changing. One of those is my head. Not the inside (constantly changing) but the outside. The natural has grown to the point where it's hard to keep it neat (and I'm not in a cutting mood). Bumping into things, the thought of traveling with 'bed-head', it's just to overwhelming. So, tomorrow it's all getting twisted up and I'll be sporting a new look, similar to an old look. I've wanted to do this for some time, and was partially inspired by 'heads' I saw on our last visit. Plus, less hair product to pack, I think.

Enough. I'm taking C-Bass to Sports Camp this morning. Right now I need to spend a few minutes shedding some excess from my luggage. Oh, the pain.

Have a Wacky Wednesday!

Peace,

Danny


"Do not go where the path may lead;
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style http://www.gratidude.blogspot.com

No comments: