Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dreams

Hi,
Just two more days. The list is getting shorter, but things still need attention. Lots to tell you, so let's get started.
I was surprised that so many of you knew "I Will Survive", and knew it was by Gloria Gaynor. Anna M. sent me a complete bio. It appears that Ms. Gaynor is still enjoying an active career in the industry, performing, getting her songs placed on TV and even writing an autobiography. (the title is, guess)
So now it's time for a mid-week challenge. This one comes from across the pond by a prolific writer. From a verse:
"If you want to keep something precious, you got to lock it up and throw away the key. If you want to hold onto your possession, don't even think about me...." Hint: Don't forget we're following a bit of a theme this week.
We just got home from taking Norm and Irina to the airport (they're going to Idaho). I haven't seen 5am in quite a while. We went in there Camry Hybrid. I mention this for two reasons. We didn't take the Lexus because we delivered it to our friend Michael for storage and sale. He's going to help us, since it's time to go and it isn't sold. The other reason I mention the Camry, I got to drive it home. Very nice vehicle. A little freaky to get used to. I got into trying to drive in 'E' mode. When I got it back to the house, I thought the engine had died. I kept trying to restart it and then Lisa asked me if it wasn't just doing it's thing. Sure enough, it was in silent mode. I could really get into this. Oh well, maybe in the future.
We picked up a Chevy Cobalt at Alamo on our way back from LAX. That will be our car for the next two days. Lisa drove it home and said it wasn't bad. It certainly beats a Tuk-Tuk.
And now the the water report. Wild Rivers was an experience. We got there about 11, an hour after opening. The place was packed. There were people everywhere, sliding and jumping and screaming. We found a nice spot next to the Lazy River and used that as home base. Cruising around, we found Hurricane Harbor, with it's wave machine. These are small surges of water that eventually have the whole giant pool rippling. It was full of kid and teens. We wandered in with the boys. Not far from that was a giant pool that produced real waves. They had boogie boards you could use to ride them. There were kids in there with fins (regulars) and they were really cutting it up. Mostly boys, but there were also a few girls who knew their stuff. Not a beginners pool.
C-Bass and his friend Nate went off and slid down various thing and we hung out with Anna and Mr. August. We rode the River, which was fun. You get in a big tube (we had a double) and let the current just take you along. Of course, you have to contend with kids who are either racing, playing tag or just being kids. It goes around one big section of the park so we started and ended at the same spot. August found his 'thing' in a four lane slide where they sit on a rubber mat and go pretty fast and stop in a pool of water (like splash mountain without the car). He alternated between that and the hot-tub.
We're off to have breakfast with Kristin (we stayed at her condo) and her dad. The day will be busy, but the eye is on the goal. Oh yeah, if you have Skype or iChat, send me you screen name. My Skype name is 'merakthai' (without the quotes) My iChat is my email address. See you on the internet.
Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Hold Fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."
~Langston Houghes



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: