Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Talents

Hi,
Well, a wet-letter day is upon us. Today we go to the water park in Irvine. We've never been to a water park. I've seen footage of the various slides and stuff, and frankly, it has the same appeal as a roller-coaster. That's not the point though. This is part of the C-Bass Birthday Celebration. I will go, I will get wet, and I will play on the baby slide (if they let me). He's having a hard enough time with this separation anxiety. If it's wet he wants, it's wet he'll get.
Yesterday I had my second visit in as many weeks to Cousin Joel's studio. This time I got an intensive tutoring from his technical assistant James. James is what I call 'scary smart'. He knows how to fly around through Logic (the music program I'll be alone with in LOS) like it's the back of his hand. It was all I could do to stay on the edge of my chair and focus with all my might. I must say, he's a very patient teacher. He made sure I could do everything he taught me. Now I not only know how to access the hundreds of new sounds that Joel gave me, I know what to do with them in the program. Their generosity overwhelms me with gratitude. Big thanks to both of you.
Speaking of music, I was surprised to get so much mail on the first day of the song. This should help solve it:
"...To break me with goodbye you'd think I'd crumble, you'd think I'd lay down and die. Oh no, not I __ __ __..." Hints:
It's from 1979 by a disco diva, initials GG, and you really don't need more help.
With three days left on the continent, our dance cards are on the verge of being overbooked. There just isn't enough time to do lunch and dinner with everybody. That fills the heart and makes me realize that my life is full. When you have an abundance of true friends, you've got it all. Every time we have a need, or a challenge, it's met with solutions from friends. Amazing. All the little things that could be big things are being dealt with, and not driving us crazy.
Last night we started doing the serious sorting in preparation for the real packing. We're able to leave behind many things that we really don't need this first time around. A little corner of Norm's attic will be home to our stuff. I think I will be able to surrender enough to have manageable bags. I keep telling myself, 'You get to go shopping when you get to LOS'. Now isn't that just too bad? (Ha)
Oh, one more thing. Tomorrow is the target day to deliver the van to it's new owners. The Cake Divas are getting my beloved vehicle. I love it when stuff goes to friends. Leigh and Joan are dear friends of ours and passing 'baby' to them seems like the right thing to do. And it will smell sooo good inside.
Have a Terrific Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Use what talents you possess;
the woods would be very silent
if no birds sang except those that sang best."
~Henry Van Dyke


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: