Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, we're back in town. Had a rather uneventful day in SJ. Spent more time than we wanted in the airport, but there wasn't really enough time to go exploring. I think it's time for airports to provide free WiFi. They do it in other countries. In SJ it costs anywhere from $6.95 to $9.95 to get on line. Why would I pay $10 for a 'day pass' when I'm only going to be there for a few hours. Do I see some connection between checking in two hours early and concessions. Hmm.
The song some of you knew was "The Way You Look Tonight", written by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields. Notable recordings are by Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and many others. The group I first heard the song from was The Jaguars, in 1956. There are samples of the track on various sites. Just Google them and listen to a clip. Better yet, buy the tune and learn to love it the way I do. For the weekend, here's another oldie. Have fun with it:
"Oo-ee, mmm this feelin' is killin' me. Aaaw shucks, I wouldn't stop for a million bucks (I love you so).
Just hold me tight and __ __ __ " This one goes way back, but had a remake in '80 by a singer/actor/cartoon character. Hmm. You miss this one, you get the shaft. Bonus points for original artist.
There was major drama yesterday evening. We were just leaving The Kids when we heard a thud and then a shriek. August had fallen and cut his lip against the wall. Jeff and Lisa took him to St. John's and I followed. He was hysterical at first, but calmed down on the way to the hospital. He and Jeff got home about 11 and he's going to be alright. As he was going to bed, he ask us to have 'you and me dreams, but without the stitches. Oh, on the way to the hospital, he was heard saying, "Life is hard". Hmm.
It's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Great Weekend. Oh yeah, Sunday is our 37th anniversary. Whoopee.

Peace,
Danny


LITTLE OLD LADY DRIVER
Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, an
AZ
State Police Officer sees a car puttering along at 17 MPH. He thinks to
himself "This driver is just as dangerous as a speed er!" So he turns on
his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies -- two in
the front seat and three in the back -- wide eyed and white as ghosts. The
driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I
was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replies, "you weren't speeding, but you should know
that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other
drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit
exactly...seventeen miles an hour!" the old woman says a bit proudly.

The AZ State Police officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her
that "17" was the highway number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed,
the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask...is everyone in this car
OK? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't muttered a single peep
this whole time," the officer asks.

"Oh, they'll be alright in a minute, officer. We just got off highway101."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: