Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Peace

Hi,
Yesterday turned out to be quite a day. We got a call on the car and the phone. My Treo was supposed to be done, as in contract over, on the 20th, but I was still getting calls yesterday. So, I tried to go on line to figure things out, but that never works. I took a deep breath and called the Sprint Torture Line. If you've never experienced it, don't. They have this really cheery voiced person who lives in there and she's just too perky. Especially when you called because you're having a problem with their stuff. Ugh. Kerrina warned me about this when I first got the phone. Oh well. I finally got a human, who explained that I had to cancel the account. That meant I had to talk to another human, and the wait might be 5 to 10 minutes. After 12 minutes of really bad Wave music, I found out that it expires on the 26th. That's cool with me, I've been going through touch-screen withdrawal and it's not pretty.
We showed the car last evening. The wife showed up first, at the park, and we talked about the car. Then her husband arrived. Mr. 'Yang' energy. Trying to act like 'I'll take over now because I know what I'm doing'. On the test drive, he was stomping on the gas and brakes and we finally had to tell him to stop. 'Do that when it's your car.' What a jerk. Anyway, it left us with that bad feeling you get after a confrontation. You kind of vibrate in the wrong frequency. Most uncomfortable. We watched the end of a movie, ate popcorn and it finally got better.
The August Chronicles: I thought I was done with these chapters, but we went by to see the family before the car thing. August asked me if I'd seen his hospital. Of course, I hadn't. In a low tone, he let me know that I had to be sick. His recent visit to the emergency sparked a whole new level of playing doctor. I got a shot (it was going to be minor surgery but I got a reprieve) and a cast on my leg. He had a little plastic container with all his bandages, hypos and such, just like the nurses have when they come to see you. He explained what was going on and what was going to happen, like a good seven y/o doctor should. At one point he mentioned something about blood and how it was really blue inside of us and that sparked a whole debate that led to Jeff having C-Bass look it up. We discovered that blood is two different colors inside the body. You can count on me to not give details. You're welcome.
Oh, so you didn't know the song. Yes you did. It was "Yes, I'm Ready", by Barbara Mason, from 1965. Try this one:
"There comes a time when we need a certain call, when the world must come together as one..." Hint: It's ten years later and a whole bunch of people showed up and were told to leave their egos at the door.
Gotta go. There's a list waiting for me. Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Peace is a practice, not a hope."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: