Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Simple

Hi,

If you were paying attention, you probably noticed that there was no message for Monday the 24th.  That’s because I was going through a procedure for a cardio infarction.  Earlier in the evening it felt like something was squeezing my chest and arms.  There was not pain, just extreme, uncomfortable pressure.  As we approached the time to take JaiDee for his walk, I mentioned that I would just wait in the van, that I didn’t feel ‘right’.  Lisa’s response was that we were going to the hospital.  Overbrook Hospital is only a few minutes from our house, so off we went.

When we finally saw a doctor, he had them give me an EKG.  The results of that should that there was an event and it needed further attention.  He ordered a blood test and that confirmed the first conclusion.  There were two choices: Medication or surgery.  That sent a wall of fear up for me and I needed to know more.  The ER staff kept saying, ‘we need to do this right now’.  I got a little belligerent when a nurse lifting my shirt and started shaving my chest, moving south in spite of my protests.  Another nurse got the cardiac surgeon on the phone and Lisa told him we needed to talk in person.  In less than a minute later, Dr. Wanata was rushing into the ER, panting like he’d been running.  He ran from his car to get things going.  He explained that there was a one hour window from when a patient presented with these symptoms, and they begin the procedure, otherwise, there could be damage to the heart.  Apparently, he had called his ‘team’ from the road and told them to get set up.  He told us they were waiting upstairs.  Lisa mentioned that they were trying to save my life and I surrendered.

I was rolled into a room filled with ‘The Team’, all wearing pink scrubs.  It was quite dramatic.  I was told that I would be awake the whole time and would be under local anesthetic.  After wrapping me tight onto the table, things began.  It’s kind of a good thing that I couldn’t understand what all the chatter was about.  Every so often I’d hear the world balloon, but that was about it.  I went into deep thought, somewhere else and did pretty good until the room got colder than it had been.  Roughly, an hour later they were done.  They had opened up a clogged artery and inserted a stint to keep it that way.  The patient is doing fine, slowly being introduced to tiny little pills, some that will be my friends for a long time.  More about the ‘recovery’ portion tomorrow.

As you may recall, ‘Old School Friday’ was “Sailing” by Christopher Cross.  Our really easy ‘Easy Monday’ has a one day expiration date (555).  “__, on a Sunday afternoon.  Really, couldn’t get away too soon.  I can’t imagine anything that’s better, the world is ours whenever we’re together, there ain’t no place I’d rather be than __, on a crowded avenue…”  Hint:  This tune was recorded when the group was still ‘Young’.  The title is a word that means: "to smoothly interact”.  

We are understanding more about doggie behavior through a new ‘teacher’ we found on the internet.  Here’s the deal, TongDee is older than JaiDee, and even though she came to the pack after him, she is slowly establishing herself as the leader.  Lately, she has been scolding him when he gets too rowdy.  If she approaches him it’s acceptable, but if he approaches her, she growls and snaps.  There is definitely something going on there and we are letting it play out.  They have been doing the running and playing thing when Natcha takes them out.  One of the hurdles will be teaching her how to play.  She doesn’t get it yet.  There is time.

This evening Dr. Intorn and his wife Koy came by with these beautiful flowers.


Have a Great Week.

              Peace, 
                        Danny

“Life is really simple,
but we insist on making it
complicated.”
~Confucius

No comments: