Thursday, August 27, 2020

Healthy


Hi,

We had a very warm day today in Chiang Rai.  I know because I was in it.  They set me free and I got to feel the sunshine.  No rain in sight.

One reader recognized the ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune.  I’m going to give you the last verse because it cracks me up:
“My analyst told me that I was right out of my head, but I said, ‘Dear doctor, I think it’s you instead.  ‘Cause I have got a thing that’s unique and new, it proves that I’ll have the last laugh on you ‘cause instead of one head, I got two. And you know two heads are better than one.’”  Clue:  The lyric was written by the singer, who later suffered from mental challenges.

Today was the day I was released from the hospital.  Before they let me go, there was a parade of nurses and  doctors giving me instructions, asking questions or taking some kind of measurement.  I was fine with that.  The last ‘test’ to see how I was doing came when they wheeled me to the 'cardio center’.  My pressure was taken again and then I was told to walk up and down the corridor for 6 minutes.  Sounded simple enough, but after the first lap I realized that my legs hadn’t been doing much for a few days.  I did the walk and when we returned, they took my pressure again.  It was as if I had been sitting the whole time.  Not long after that, Dr. Watana came to give us the exit speech and explain the bag of medicine that would come home with me.  Some of them are for a short time, and some are for a year or more.  I see the doctor in three weeks.  In the meantime, I can take short walks, have a little coffee, and get to work on my lounging skills (555).

The first thing I have to do now that I’m at home, is stop making plans and just be still.  Easy to say, hard to do.  As a friend of mine told me, ‘You’re going to feel like you can conquer the world, take it slow.’  So, in a few days maybe we’ll go to The Wanderer and sit in the woods.  That’s my big plan for now.

While I was away the dogs became much closer.  They now hang out very near to each other in the kitchen, and this evening TongDee tried to initiate play.  Lisa was walking JaiDee and Tong came racing by and touched him on the side, trying to get him to chase her.  That is amazing progress.  It looks like our little project is going to have a happy ending after all.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.     Don’t forget to wear your mask and keep your distance.  It ain’t over!

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“The healthy man does not torture others.
Generally, it is the tortured that turn into
torturers."

No comments: