Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Funnies


Hi,

The weather was great today.  Big, puffy clouds against a blue sky and temps in the very warm area.  

The ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune was “Twisted” sung by Annie Ross, who also wrote the lyrics to a Wardell Gray sax solo.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UN5bj1ywyk  Listen to the whole thing to really appreciate her humor.
Now, we’ve covered an oldie for sure (1952), so ‘Old School Friday’ will be kinda old.  “Well, I think I’m __ __ __ __ __, yes I think I’m __ __ __ __ __ over you, over you.  I want you to want me, I need you so badly I can’t think of anything but you.  And I think I’m __ __ __ __ __, yes I think I’m __ __ __ __ __….”  Hint:  Should be an 'Easy Monday' tune, but it’s old enough to be ‘Old School’ (555).  Singer is loosing his mind?

My first night back at home was a difficult one.  Nothing to do with the procedure, at least not the first one.  My eyes were stinging and it’s hard to go to sleep with all the focus on your eyes.  (get the play on words)  Anyway, as a result, we ended up back at the hospital today, and saw a doctor we’ve been using for a few years.  She changed the antibiotic that was given to me for my eye infection (the first procedure).  We’ll see how this goes.  My energy was pretty good today, considering we walked around a lot at the hospital.  Tomorrow I think we’ll go to The Wanderer for the usual.  Dr. Watana said I could have coffee as long as my heart-rate stayed below 70 bpm.  How does one know, other than wearing a body-sensing watch?  So there’s the answer, or, take the time to take ones pulse and do the math the old fashion way.  Naw, never mind.  

I had two ‘meetings’ with JaiDee today, both in the kitchen.  He was a model dog, standing next to my chair while I petted him.  No jumping, no biting, just being the affectionate puppy we know and love.  He and TongDee ran and played this afternoon.  She actually initiated the running by touching his side with her nose and off they went.  Then they did some playing until she realized what was happening and she shut it down.  She is slowly dropping her guard and things were moving a little too fast.  Still, it’s beautiful progress.

A month ago this would never have happened.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.      Hang on for the ‘Funnies’.   Formula 1 is in Belgium this weekend.  Zoom.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny


No comments: