Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Beauty

Hi,

Well, most of the day was cloudy with a threat of rain.  There were showers off and on and then this evening, BAM, the storm front moved in with thunder, lightning and lots of water.  JaiDee missed his walk tonight because of it.

Our ‘Easy Monday’ song was “My Girl” by The Temptations.  Time for ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ and something a few of you may know.  “There I go, there I go, there I go, there I go… Pretty baby you are the soul that snaps my control.  Such a funny thing but every time you’re near me, I never can behave.  You give me a smile and then I’m wrapped up in your magic.  There’s music all around me, crazy music, music that keeps calling me so very close to you…”  Hint:  This song has an incredible history, and was the spark that gave the musical form of jazz vocalese its popularity in the mid 50’s.  There’s something about being in the mood for…

The morning was set aside for servicing the van.  We took it to the Suzuki dealer around 9:30 for a major deal.  The one where all the filters and fluids and stuff get replaced.  They told us it would be done at 11am, so we took off down Bus Station street to a little cafe we know.  It’s the place where I went to meetings before covid so there was a rapport with the staff.  Good coffee and a fresh cinnamon bun helped pass the time.  On our way back we stopped at the health food store we’ve visited for many years.  We’ve known the family since their boys were little kids.  Today we learned that the oldest is attending Chiang Mai University, majoring in digital art.  His mother showed us some of his anime work and he’s quite talented.  She calls it ‘kid art’, I call it beautiful fantasy art.  When we returned to Suzuki, the work was done.  We also learned that more work is needed, and that will happen next week.  

Bus Station street made it quite obvious to us that many in Chiang Rai are back to the ‘old normal’.  A few shops had disinfectant gel at the front door, but that was about it.  I saw one shop that requested face masks, and had spares at the door.  Hmm.  

JaiDee and TongDee were taken to the gym (the front yard) by Natcha this afternoon and they got a good workout.  JaiDee seems to understand what’s going on with TongDee and now he runs toward her, knowing she’ll bark or snap and then chase him out of her territory.  He loves it, zooming around at top speed, then prodding her again.  Natcha had them very close, feeding each of them a treat at the same time.  We remain hopeful that they will become friends.  

Last night Lisa went down to take JaiDee out at around 10pm.  He was so sleepy he refused to leave the kitchen.
We think he’s getting bigger. 


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                              Peace,
                                        Danny

“Let the beauty of what you love
be what you do.”
~Rumi

No comments: