Monday, August 31, 2020

Cousin


Hi,

We had an interesting mix of weather over the weekend.  There was joy and pain, sunshine and rain.  Oh wait, that’s a song.  We had a lot of cloudy skies, some brief showers, and a lot of heat.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Goin’ Out Of My Head” by Little Anthony & The Imperials.  ‘Easy Monday’ may be easy:  “Meet me in the playground at a quarter to four, wait till everybody’s long gone.  There must be so many things that we can explore, maybe I can walk you home.  If it starts to rain, we can run for shelter, I’d like to hold your little hand.  My heart is spinning like a helter-skelter.  We’ll get to know each other if we can.  She said, ‘Hey,
wait a minute, hold on.  She said, hey just a little bit, hold on.  When ever I try to think of what it feels like to feel it for the first time, and was it really such a thrill?  She said look, boy, but don’t you touch.  That ain’t much, only a __ __ __.”  Hint:  This 1975 hit was by a Scottish funk band.  

Saturday the big outing was a trip to The Wanderer.  This time we took JaiDee.  I mentioned that the doctor said I could have coffee as long as my heart rate didn’t go above 70 bpm.  Lisa wondered if there might be an ‘app’ for my phone that could measure that.  There are tons of them, and I chose the simplest to operate.  I just look at the screen while holding still and it measures the beats per minute.  Brilliant!  I have stayed under 70 with coffee.

In the afternoon we went into the pool.  I can’t swim yet, so I just enjoyed the 91 degree water.  It was like going into a spa, sitting on the steps and being surrounded by warmth.  Then we heard distant thunder and had to get out.
It was short and sweet and just what I needed.

I have been spending a lot of time keeping up with questions and trying to respond to well wishers on social media.  The amount of care and concern exhibited by family and friends is quite heart-warming.  

Today’s photo is of Prince JaiDee looking alert as he holds one of his treats.  


Sunday evening Cat and Noom came over in Noom’s new car.  It’s not really new, but it’s his first car, a cute little Mitsubishi to keep them out of the rain.  They went with Lisa on ‘the walk’, to the delight of JaiDee.  They all walk too fast for me to even consider going (555).  Lisa had to ask the ‘kids’ to slow down at one point.  It’s nice for JaiDee because the occasional quick pace is good for him.  

This morning we took JaiDee to Chivit Thamma Da.  We were the first customers of the day and that was cool.  We got to spend time with the co-owner.  His Golden, Nam Kok, was with him and he and JaiDee got to hang out.  It was nice to see that he hadn’t forgotten how to be cool and just cruise instead of constant play.  

Our friend Atom came over in the afternoon with our massage friend, Jin.  We had a good time talking and then visiting with the dogs.  

This is the week we deal with immigration.  Still lots to do for the ‘presentation’ but I’m sure it will be fine.  It’s going to be a case of all the pieces in the right places and having enough copies of each.  

Have a Great Week.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

“Colonialism is the cousin of slavery.”
~Chadwick Boseman

No comments: