Monday, March 7, 2016

Things

Hi,

Well, we traded the hot air of Chiang Mai for the hot air of Chiang Rai.  The nights in Chiang Rai are warming up nicely.

‘Old School Friday’ was “Fever”, originally sung by Little Willie John in 1956.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27vBA68Zyk   I should also point out that it was two years later that Peggy Lee recorded her extended version of the song.  Now you know.  ‘Easy Monday’ is up next and that means less thinking, we hope.  “Oh yeah, I’ll tell you something, I think you’ll understand.  When I’ll say that something __ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __.”  Clue:  This song set off a whole wave of music from across the pond by young men with guitars and drums that changed a lot of lives forever.  Ed Sullivan saw it coming.

This morning the doctor released me to travel home.  While I was waiting at the hospital I began wondering about some of the people around me.  There were Thai people, and a lot of foreigners.  Some of them spoke a little Thai, others seemed almost fluent.  I began wondering what their ’stories’ were, how long they have lived here, and what they do in Thailand. 

The trip home took the normal 3 hours, but the time passed quickly while we watched a movie and a TV episode.  It was so nice to get back to The Big Brown House.  I slowly climbed the stairs before Daku was let into the house.  Khun Fone and her daughter Shampoo brought the bags upstairs.  Cat and her boyfriend shopped at Big C and got enough groceries so Lisa won’t have to go out tomorrow.  And so it begins, staying in the bed for ten days and letting myself heal.  The 13th of the month will be the end of the ordered rest, then I’ll have to see how it goes.  

The hardest thing about following orders is that feeling better doesn’t always mean that I am better.  In light of that, I will continue to be careful.  Fortunately for me, when I bend or reach wrong, the pain lets me know it’s time to relax.  

I have been thinking about how nice it will be to go to The Wanderer and chill.  The environment is perfect  to commune with nature and enjoy the stillness.  Today’s photo was taken there, looking up through the trees.


Have a Great Week.

            Peace,
                      Danny

“The little things are
the big things.”
~Unknown

No comments: