Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Give


Hi,

We have moved into the Very Hot portion of our weather show.  Projected temps will be in the high 90s and over 100F this week and next.  Still, no rain in sight.  A dip in the local hotel pool may be in order next week.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was The Beatles' tune that set it off:  “I Want To Hold Your Hand”.  Note that the published title is six words, but in the song lyrics it’s only 5.  Hmm.  Time to get crazy with a ‘Zany Day’ song.  This one is from 1960, sung by a blues singer.  We’ll start with the first verse:  “Got me working, __ __, working ‘round the clock.  I want me a drink of water, but you won’t let Jimmy stop.  __ __ __, can’t you hear me when I call?  Well you ain’t so big, you just tall, that’s all.”  Clue: The man in charge is very large.

My excitement for today was a visit from our dear friends Sutheera and Nukoon.  We hung out for almost an hour, talking and (painfully) laughing.  Nukoon brought up a standing joke that always breaks us up.  Years ago he took Lisa, Blue and me to dinner at a Chinese Restaurant.  Among the various things he ordered was duck feet.  It was all we could do to contain ourselves when we realized it was a real thing.  Only Nukoon ate them, but now, every time we’re together it comes up.  Near the end of their visit, Blue came upstairs and the men discussed Thai politics
and I have no idea what Lisa and Sutheera talked about.  It was a wonderfully thoughtful thing they did.  It definitely perked me up.

Remembering that I’m not sick in the normal sense of the word, but recovering from an invasion of my body, is hard to keep in perspective.  Most of the day I feel great, and then I move.  The key, like last time; don’t move.

The pool completion has been delayed because some of the new grout was applied while the surface was dry.  That’s the short explanation.  So, a whole replacement procedure has to take place before we can entertain any water.  The Rimkok Hotel is less than two minutes away and they have a big pool that we can swim in for less than $1.  With the heat coming on strong, we’ll probably go down there next week and have a swim.  I’ll just splash around, but it will feel good.

Until today, Daku had been pretty cool about asking me to take him outside.  This afternoon he got really insistent and kept bugging me.  Lisa caught this photo of him trying to plead his case.  He also hit the bed with his paw for emphasis.


I miss going down and eating with the rest of the family.  There is something special about eating and laughing together.  It’s also where information is shared about this and that.  Patience is my friend.  Yeah, I keep telling myself.  

Time for a Wacky Wednesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“You give but little when you give
of your possessions.  It ’s only when you 
give of yourself that you truly give.”
~Kahlil Gibran


No comments: