Thursday, March 10, 2016

Improve

Hi,

Hot was the weather word again today.  By mid-morning it was time for the air/con and the air filter.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was not a mystery to some.  Here’s another verse:  “Well, I’m gonna get me a __ __, one gonna treat me right.  Work hard in the day time, rest easy at night.  __ __ __, can’t you hear me when I call?  Well, you ain’t so big, you’re just tall that’s all.”  Hint:  The title and main ‘hook’ is three words.  The singers wife was often heard singing with him in the background.  

We had been having fairly clear air up until today.  There was talk that maybe the burning season wouldn’t be so bad this year since the army had gotten involved.  Maybe that’s the case with the large farms burning crop waste, but what we had today smelled like trash.  The air was very hazy, with a definite smoke smell.  It’s time for a good wind to blow things out.

Last year I noticed some devices at one of the appliance stores that intrigued me.  They were negative ion generators for cars.  If they work as advertised, the combination of the recycle mode on the car air system and an ion generator could make breathing rather safe when the outside air is bad.  Something to think about.

My current comfort level is pretty good.  With the help of a Tylenol tablet I can get through the night without any pain.  During the day there are moments, but usually only when I get out of bed or laugh, cough, or sneeze.  Sometimes I feel good and forget to ask for help, then I get scolded (555).  

Today’s photo was taken at The Wanderer.  The bright red flower is quite amazing in person.  The tree was getting ready to bloom like crazy.


Our friend Cornelis sent me a series of links to ‘Oz’ magazine, from the ‘60s.  He thought it might be something to entertain myself while I’m healing.  He may be right.  If nothing else, the cover art was really intriguing and the articles were controversial.  Hmm.   http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/download-the-complete-archive-of-oz.html

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

“The place to improve the world is
first through one’s own heart and hands.”
~Robert M Persig

No comments: