Monday, March 14, 2016

Irony

Hi,

True to the forecasts, it got hotter.  I don’t know why we’re so surprised.  It does this every year.  The real surprise will come in a few months if the rain doesn’t come.  In the meantime, air/cons rule.

‘Old School Friday’ took us back to “You Send Me” by Sam Cooke.  That leaves us no where to go but ‘Easy Monday’.  “See the curtains hangin’ in the window, in the evenin’ on a Friday night.  A little light a-shinin’ through the window, lets me know everything is alright.  __ __, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.  __ __, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.”  Hint:  A seasonal soft wind.  Hmm.

I spent a quiet weekend at The Big Brown House.  I don’t know what happened around here, except that the farm behind us was also quiet and I didn’t hear any construction sounds down the road.  It’s been so hot that I wouldn’t be surprised if the workers didn’t work.  Friday night music from across the river almost drove me out of my mind.  They played a tune that went on forever and all I got was the cowbell, on and on and on.  When it ended it was as if a great silence came over us.  Whew.  

Daku has decided that I’m really well enough to take him out in the afternoons.  It’s the only time he gets insistent.
I am getting better, but not to the point of chasing a dog around the yard.  This evening I went downstairs for dinner.  It was nice to see the other half of the house.  I didn’t go far, but still it was nice.  

Sunday night Lisa, Blue and Cat went to Sawadee Restaurant in the Night Bazaar.  They brought home one of my favorite dishes, sweet and sour shrimp.  It was almost like being there.  (555) 

The gang is still buzzing about their visit to The Wanderer.  There is a Facebook page with lots of photos, and a video made from the opening evening.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vMxqKUfDg  As we predicted, it is being very well received, and I suspect it will continue to grow in popularity.  Tomorrow we’re going there for lunch. I will walk very slowly and soak in all the good vibes.

Today’s photo was lifted from Facebook, but it gives such a nice overview of The Wanderer that I just had to share.


Have a Great Week.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“The irony is, the more you
try to control life and others,
the more out of control you feel.”
~Adyashanti


No comments: