Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Lift

Hi,

Even though I didn’t go outside today, I could tell it was a hot one.  It would be nice to sit in the sun, but then I’d have to climb the stairs.  Oh well, next week the sun will still be there.

So, a bunch of you know the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  I could use a little more email since I’m a ‘shut in’ (555).
“Oh please, say to me, you’ll let me be your man.  And please, say to me, you’ll let me __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __ __.  And when I touch you I feel happy inside.  It’s such a feeling that my love I can’t hide, I can’t hide, I can’t hide…"
Hint:  Terms like ‘mop top’ come to mind.

There is not a lot to tell you about sitting in one room all day.  I know that lots is probably happening outside.  The construction crew down the road is making progress on whatever it is that they’re building.  Some farmers are struggling with their crops while others have plenty of water, and a ton of kids are done with school for the year.  In fact, many are done with school for life.  That means there are more motorbikes on the streets being driven by young adults with underdeveloped frontal lobes, making poor decisions out there.  Oh my, it’s nice to be inside.

The government announced that in some parts of Thailand they will begin seeding the clouds in order to make rain.  That’s fine if you have clouds.  Chiang Rai was not on the list, and this is farming country.  Hmm, maybe it’s going to rain here (555).  

We have reached that point in the year when it’s time to make reservations for our Summer Visit to the US.  I know, it seems like we just did this, but if we don’t get our tickets now, there may not be any seats left.  It took a long time this morning, but we are booked for a July 11 departure and arrival.  While on hold with the airline, Lisa had to listen to the birthday song over the phone.  What?

Cat’s senior class is having their prom next week.  It will be just the kids in her class, 35 students.  Yes, things are different here.  We will be taking Cat and two of her closest friends, Pawn and Oum (pronounced Oom) since they decided to wear dresses and not jeans.

This afternoon Natcha came upstairs to visit me and she brought Neetchanan.  We had a very strong eye contact communication and then she started getting sleepy.  What a treat to see the little one.

Daku is happy to have his routines back in place.  This morning he had a bath and then Lisa and Cat ran him across the lawn.  He is a happy dog.

Today’s photo was taken in our back yard.  It was right before the yard crew came and relieved the trees of their heavy fruit.  The banana tree is one of the babies of the original tree.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

“There is no exercise better for the heart
than reaching down and lifting people up.”
~John Andrew Holmes

No comments: