Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Garden

Hi,

Well, today was the same old weather story.  The one exception might be that because of the winds yesterday, there was a little blue sky above this morning.  The dirty haze returned as the day progressed.  It’s that time of year and we just deal with it.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was definitely easy, based on the responses.  Here’s a little more of the story:
“Sheriff John Brown always hated me, for what, I don’t know; every time I plant a seed, he said, ‘Kill it before it grow’.  He said kill them before they grow.  And so:  __ __ __ __, but I did not shoot no deputy (no no no)…”  Clue:  It’s got a reggae groove, and it came from a island.

This morning, while we were exercising Daku, he behaved like he always does the day after the yard crew comes.  His whole world changes and there are new smells, and new possibilities.  He kept running to the gate, and then checking out the bushes.  I made the mistake of using my strong, outside voice to get him away from a ‘lizard hunt’. I didn’t realize how much the use of my diaphragm would irritate the area around my surgery.  We live and learn.  The dog will get to be a dog for the time being (555).  Oh, he never did catch the lizard.

Blue and I stayed home today while Lisa and Cat went to Big C for soft foods.  Soon, I will return to the glory days of visiting Big C and walking the aisles (555).  And let’s not forget Makro, the Costco of Chiang Rai.  

The last time we were in town we saw the new police station.  For several years the skeleton of this building was another dormant project.  We’d speculate as to what it was going to be.  The guesses ranged from a parking structure to apartments.  Now we know, and it’s another sign of the growth from town to city.  Compared to the old station that is right up the street, it’s a grand improvement.   I wonder what they’ll do with the old one?

I have a lot of respect for the people who work outside in this heat.  Yesterday it was the yard crew, Sunday it was the women grouting the pool.  Today’s photo shows the creativity displayed by the grouting crew.  They took our patio umbrellas into the pool for a little shade while they worked.  


Cat will no doubt be doing a lot of texting this evening while she recovers from her oral surgery.  It’s not a time for talking.  Wisdom teeth always seem to bring up stories about this ‘right of passage’ that most people go through.  I remember mine.  They put me to sleep for the procedure.  That’s all I’ll say about that.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“Your mind is not a cage.
It is a garden.  And it requires
cultivating.”
Libba Bray

No comments: