Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Decide

Hi,

What can I say?  More hot, and more haze is the prevailing weather for today.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Summer Breeze” by Seals & Crofts.  It’s time to throw you a little curve with a ‘Zany Day’ tune from 1980.  I’ll bet you didn’t think I knew ‘modern music’ (555).  “When a problem comes along (you must __ __).  Before the cream sits out too long (you must __ __).  When something’s going wrong (you must __ __).  
Hint:  The two word title is an action.  A big record by a group with zany hats.

I have reached that point in my post-surgery rehab where I’m feeling pain that wasn’t there before.  This happened last time and the doctor explained that the ’nerve blocker’ was wearing off.  Our good friend Louise explained that it’s not good to be in pain because it slows down the healing process by constricting blood vessels. So, rather than be brave and endure the pain, I’m going to let my body have a fighting chance to heal faster.  What a concept. So now I have found that I can be comfortable with Tylenol and being still.    Aren’t you glad we had this little talk (555)?  

When Cat got home from the Prom last night she told us they picked 5 boys and 5 girls to be like a court.  Then they chose a boy and girl to be, as she put it, ’the most beautiful or something like that’.  They chose her and we weren’t surprised.  She shrugged it off, which is probably a good thing.  Today she got her grades and she ended her senior year with a B average.  Yea Cat.  

This time of year we get an interesting notice on our TV screen.  Occasionally the satellite company informs us that there may be temporary interruptions due to “Sun Outages”.  What?  We know what they mean, but it still makes us laugh every time.  Yep, the sun may turn off for a few minutes, but it will be back.

This morning Lisa and Cat went to Big C.  I’m not afraid to admit that I miss going to Big C.  I miss the people watching, the sense of wonder when I see very unfamiliar food items, and the cross-section of Thai culture that is present.  I also miss the Talat, the bustling market downtown that has everything under the sun if you can find it.
It won’t be long before all of these things and more will be back in my life.  For now, my daily adventure is going downstairs for meals.  

In recent news, the Chinese government announced that it will release water from a dam in Hunan Province in the southeast region, and let it flow until sometime in April.  This would bring much needed water to Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam, and Thailand.  There has been much discussion about dam building here in Thailand, with a lot of protesting from local farmers.  One could almost see the writing on the wall.  We’ll give you water for a price.  Hmm.  

Today’s photo is from the archives.  Blue took this during the rainy season in 2013.  Rain falling on the pool full of water.  That’s what I want to see again. 


It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of
creative altruism or in the darkness of 
destructive selfishness.”
~ Martin Luther King Jr.



No comments: