Thursday, March 17, 2016

Consent

Hi,

The air was hot, and the wind was strong.  It was as if we had a Santana in Chiang Rai.  This weekend temps will top 100F.  Mr. Sun is very strong in these parts. The odd thing is, the mornings are rather cool.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song has a few friends out there.  Just in case you need a little more memory prodding, here’s this:
“When a good time turns around, you must __ __.  You will never live it down unless you __ __.  No one gets away until they __ __.  I say __ __, __ __ good!  I say __ __, __ __ good!  Hint:  What do you do to cream before you put it on top of something, like hot chocolate?  I have said too much.

What was it like today?  Just another day on the Ponderosa (555).  ( If you got that reference, you watched TV a long time ago)  This morning I went outside and joined in the exercising of Daku.  I sat in a patio chair at one corner of the yard and we did our usual play.  He had no problem coming to me, taking a treat and then running to Lisa.  This was the progression we used last time, slowly resuming duties with the dog.  When I went back inside he didn’t want to play ball with Lisa.  He kept waiting for my return.  Tomorrow I’ll have to stay in the yard so he can finish his workout.

It has been two weeks since my surgery.  This is when I start thinking I can do things, when in fact, I shouldn’t.  Some things, like having meals at the table, are good to do.  Bending and stooping and acting on impulse are not things to be doing.  Can you tell I’m wanting to get back to ‘normal’?  

Since I haven’t been out lately, there are no new photos, so I’ve dipped back in to the archives for one of my favorite shots taken in 2014.  This is from Wat Rong Khun.


Here in Thailand most people use cash or bank transfers to pay for goods and services.  Credit cards are growing in popularity, but we never use them here.  Since our arrival we have always used cash, and sometimes we are given treatment that is surprising.  Our house insurance was due in February.  Our agent now works out of Chiang Mai and doesn’t get up here often.  When I called to inquire about our policy he told me he had already renewed it and we could pay him the next time he’s in town.  What?  Yeah, I like living here.

This weekend marks the beginning of the Formula One Grand Prix season.  Australia is the first stop and I’ll be there, in front of the TV, watching the whole thing.  Zoom.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“No one can make you feel inferior
without your consent.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: