Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

From my brief time outside today, I can tell you that it really is hot in Chiang Mai.  Thailand is racing into the hot season for sure.

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Poison Ivy” by The Coasters.  Time to go ‘Old School Friday’ on you.  
“Never know how much I love you, never know how much I care.  When you put your arms around me, I get a __ that’s so hard to bear….”  Clue:  A condition of elevated temperature in the body.  Easy.  Oh, Original artist from 1956 please.

Morning in the hospital began with breakfast that I had ordered the night before.  What a relief to get food I wanted to eat.  From the stories I’ve heard, it could have been pretty bad.  Late last night my nurse came to the room for my last dose of pain medication and mentioned that she had been on duty for 16 hours and had 4 more to go.  That’s a long day on any job.  Nurses are definitely underrated and sometimes under appreciated.  This woman was cheery and helpful even after her long day.  She told us that the hospital only had two vacant rooms.  That’s a busy place.

I got the green light from my doctor to go back to the hotel.  I rode downstairs in a wheelchair.  It would have been a long and painful walk otherwise.  The staff arranged for our ride back to Chiang Rai on Monday and I also made an appointment to have an eye exam before we leave.  

The remainder of the day was spent in the hotel bed.  Following doctor’s orders can be a drag, but in this case it was not a problem.  When lunch was delivered to our room, our favorite dining room person came up to make sure everything was alright.   

Last week I neglected to tell you an interesting story.  We finally got new windshield wipers.  Big deal, right?  The place where we went was a complex of auto accessory shops.  The young man who helped us is the son of the family that runs Browney's Pet World and he remembered us.  He said his family told him we were long-time customers.  He also gave us a little discount on the wipers.  Love Chiang Rai.

Some of you may have already seen today’s photo on Facebook.  I couldn’t resist clowning around by the pain chart.  I love the hospital pajamas.  It would be cool to have something like that at home.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

                  Peace,
                            Danny


No comments: