Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The weather in Chiang Rai has gone from hot to hot and unhealthy.  Somewhere there are fires burning and it’s consuming the whole place.  All you can see is a gray haze, which almost looks like overcast sky.  The nose knows what it is and it’s not happy.  

That ‘Zany Day’ song you almost remembered was “Big Boss Man” by Jimmy Reed.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-o_kLONVI   You can hear ‘Mama Reed’ singing in the back of the studio.  Time for some ‘Old School Friday’, and a easy one to make up for the last one (555).   “Darling __ __ __, I know __ __ __, darling __ __ __ honest you do, honest you do, honest you do, whoa.  You thrill me, I know you, you, you thrill me.  Darling you, you, you, thrill me.  Honest you do.”  Hint:  We haven’t played with this one for a long time but it's so easy.  

It’s Friday night and there is music coming from across the river.  All I’m hearing right now is bass drum and cow-bell.  Not the mix I’d choose, but it’s all they’re giving me.  Where did I put my headphones?

I had another pleasant day in the bedroom, in the bed.  As I recall, it was about this time after the last surgery that I began to go a little stir crazy.  I may get to go downstairs on Sunday or Monday, but I’m not pushing.  

The pool drama continues to distract me a bit.  Today Johan, our pool guru, came over with the man whose company makes the grout.  They are doing a test to see if the problem was in the application of the grout, or the grout itself.  I will wait for the outcome before getting all crazy.  Too many possibilities to ponder.

Today’s photo is our ‘Orchid Tree’, the place we hang most of our flowering friends.  There are three of them blooming at this time.


In other news, Cat got a new dress for her prom.  That led to my realizing that this ‘Class Prom’ thing was pretty cool.  There will be none of the prom night ‘stuff’ that I so vividly remember.  There have been no requests to go to after-parties, stay out all night, and no boyfriend.  A sigh of relief could be heard throughout the valley.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        Hang on for the ‘Funnies’.

                Peace,
                          Danny



No comments: