Thursday, March 3, 2016

Health

Hi,

I can’t tell you much about weather conditions today.  I’ve been ‘under the weather’ in a manner of speaking.  Now there’s a term that warrants investigation (555).

The ‘Zany Day’ song has a few friends out there.  I think this verse will give you all the clues you need to remember:
“You’re gonna need an ocean of calamine lotion.  You’ll be scratchin’ like a hound, the minute you start to mess around.  __ __, __ __.  Late at night when you’re sleepin’ __ __ comes a creepin’ around.”  Hint:  Really?

Today’s surgery went well.  It lasted 2 hours and started an hour earlier than planned.  The first half of the day was rather surreal since I was taken directly to surgery after doctor consults.  I received the ‘open-back’ gown and was told to put everything in the bag they gave me.  In a pre-op room I met Dr. Sleep and then got shaved.  I still hadn’t been given the ‘I don’t care’ meds, so I was very aware of every move.  The strangest part was when they rolled me into the surgery theater and started doing things to me.  One doctor was sticking sensors on parts of my body, another had my arms out to the side with mild restraints.  Now I’m getting nervous.  Then a voice said, “You will sleep now” and a mask was put over my nose and mouth.  Next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room and Nurse Nicky was telling me where I was, how long it had been, and that she had called Lisa.  

My/our room was upgraded because all of the standard ones were booked.  Our ‘Superior’ room is like an apartment.  There are two rooms, two bathrooms, two kitchens, two big screen TV sets, my bed and a bed for Lisa. She will stay the night with me.  One side has a dining room table.  Quite awesome.  Like before, the staff is very good at what they do and they’re taking great care of me.  Not to gloss over this part, but, there is pain.  It might be a little different than last time, but it’s there.  On the wall there is a chart that leaves a little to be desired, but it's your photo for the day.  


Tomorrow we’ll go back to the D2 hotel.  In the meantime, I’ll just try to stay awake until bedtime.  Hmm.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Cheerfulness, sir, is the principle ingredient
in the composition of health.”
~Arthur Murphy

No comments: