Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Stand

Hi,

Morning drizzle is always welcome as long as it doesn’t get in the way of Daku’s play time.  We had a cloudy day that looked like rain, but the early morning was all that got wet.  There could be more ‘nearby’.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers.  It’s time for a ‘Zany Day’ song and this is it:
“I was slipping and sliding with a long tall Sally, peeking and a hiding, duck back in the alley.  Don’t want to rip it up, don’t want to dance with Annie.  I’ve got a brand new lover, name is __ __ __.”  Hint:  The last dash is a name that rhymes with another name in the song.  Extra Cool Points if you know who Annie was, and if you know the other song references.

The big news today is that Lisa took the van for a solo adventure.  She drove herself to Art Bridge, then Makro, and down the highway to Browney’s.  After eight years of not driving in Thailand, she’s doing it just fine.  There are still a few mountains to climb, like downtown, and the loop around the Healthy Market, but they should be a piece of cake.  She was nice enough to check in from time to time, probably realizing I was sitting here like a worried parent or something.  I knew she’d be alright.  So ends the era of me being the only ‘driver’ for the Big Brown House.

Day Two of living upstairs found me wondering what it looked like downstairs.  The pool guy came and I didn’t get to greet him.  I get updates, but it’s not the same as being there, seeing stuff.  I can tell that I’m improving a little bit each day.  Last night it didn’t hurt to carefully turn over while sleeping.  The pain has changed in it’s intensity for the most part, to a milder ache.  I still have a ways to go so I’ll just have to exercise patience and give myself a break.  The mind sometimes wants to move quicker than the body will allow.  Oh, that sounds so pitiful.

Our friend Sutheera is helping with our refrigerator saga.  We may hear something from the manufacturer in a few days.  Meanwhile, we, or should I say ‘they’, are managing the food and keeping things cool.  It means shopping more often for things like vegetables and chicken and fish, but it’s working.

The big elephant has left Art Bridge, presumably on it’s way to Bangkok for the big opening of “999 Elephants” at the Central World mall.  

Today’s photo was taken in our front yard.  I love the way the second plant is growing on the trunk of the palm.


This evening Blue came upstairs to visit.  We had a really good time talking about lots of different stuff.  A few times I was abruptly reminded why I am not to laugh.  It’s hard not to laugh when hanging out with Blue.  That’s what friends are for.

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“In matters of style,
swim with the current;
in matters of principle,
stand like a rock.”
~Thomas Jefferson

No comments: