Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Apathy

Hi,

This morning an amazing thing happened.  It rained.  We had light rain off and on all day.  Quite refreshing.

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song stirred up a few memories, and I just know that more of you remember this:
“Wonder this time where she’s gone.  Wonder if she’s gone to stay.  __ __ __ when she’s gone, and this house just ain’t no home anytime she goes away.  And I know, I know, I know, I know (there’s 24 more of that phrase).  Hey, I oughtta leave the young thing alone, but __ __ __ when she’s gone.”  Hint:  Hmm, I think you’ve had enough hints.

Day one of living upstairs is almost over.  It’s very odd to be at home, but not be a part of the ‘action’.  It began last night when Daku came to me when it was time to go out for his final trip to the yard.  This morning he looked at me like I had lost my mind.  We always go downstairs together.  When it was time for him to go for his morning run I didn’t go.  And so it went... all day I stayed on the bed, following directions, missing the little things that happen downstairs during the course of the day.  Lisa drove the van last week and got a feel for how it handles.  This morning she wanted to take it to Big C but I didn’t think it was a good idea to go out into town in the rain.  She and Blue took a taxi and took care of business.  Tomorrow she will do some shopping in the van.  Meals are weird since I’m upstairs and, well, you get it.  

We’ve been in refrigerator hell for 3 days.  We got a call in Chiang Mai that the machine was making noise.  Then it stopped keeping things cold, then more noise and heat, and then it died.  It’s less than a year old and has been ‘fixed’ about 5 times.  Now we find out that the store only has a 14 day warranty, even though they wave a one year warranty in your face when you buy it.  That one is from the maker, whose distribution is based in Bangkok.  What?  It will unravel itself somehow, but right now there is food stuffed into Natcha and Gong’s fridge and pots of ice in the ‘new’ one. The wonders of the modern age.  Anyone remember when a truck used to come through the neighborhood and the man would put a block of ice in your ‘ice-box’?  (5)

Today’s photo was taken from the bus to Chiang Mai.  Just one of many jungle scenes that make the trip so interesting.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“Apathy is a glove
in which evil slips it’s hand.”
~Bodie Thoene

No comments: