Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mind

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another clear, sunny day.  We’re in that 20 degree spread from day to night, so the nights and mornings are cool and the days are hot.

The ‘Easy Monday’ tune was “War” by Edwin Starr.  ‘Zany Day’ is from a familiar group.  Show your I.D. on this one.
“One little piggy went to London, one piggie went to Hong Kong.  This little piggie’s comin’ over your house, he’s gonna love you all night long.  ‘Cause __ __ __ __ __ __, can’t get enough of your love.  When I go to sleep at night that’s the only thing I’m dreamin’ of.”  Hint:  An odd tale of the three little pigs?  No,  What do you call a pig that wants it all?  Hmm, ask Charlie Brown. 

This morning we exercised Daku, with me in my chair.  He got a little distracted by a tasty plant that’s growing through some bushes.  He nibbles the leaves of the plant and with much gusto.  He never touches the bush.  When it was time to play with his ball he showed a special enthusiasm today.  Almost like ‘put me in coach’.  Made me laugh.

On our trip into town today I realized more things about living in Thailand.  While negotiating the traffic it struck me that there is no one to enforce the ‘rules’. While most folks seem to follow the basics, that doesn’t mean  you can't improvise when you feel it’s appropriate or necessary…  like driving down the wrong side of the highway on your motorbike to get to the dirt path to the correct side.  When there are no parking spaces and cars have a 1/4 inch to pass, it seems logical to just double-park and wait.  I did that today and it felt weird until I noticed several other vehicles doing the same thing.  The one ‘custom’ that is still not Ok with me is turning in front of oncoming traffic.  That’s just dumb, like playing ‘chicken’.  These things work in Chiang Rai ‘cause we’re still a little country town.

Traveling around town today was pretty comfortable for me.  I didn’t get out of the van the whole time.  I do notice the bumps and potholes in the road though.  Since nothing seems to linger past the jolt, things must be getting better.  So ends the patient report for today.  (555)

Today’s photo was taken by Lisa during her visit to Doi Chaang Coffee.  The pond gets rearranged from time to time and the current motif is simplicity.  


Time for Wacky Wednesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“It is not enough to have a good mind;
the main thing is to use it well.”
~Rene Descartes

No comments: