Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Silence

Hi,

Blue skies are the order of the day.  The cold overnight weather not only means winter is coming, it means that it’s flower time in Chiang Rai and the north.  Around town we can see the beginnings of the big bloom.

Most of the regular players have written with the name of this song.  Here’s a little more just to remind you.
“I need to, I need to, I need to, I need to make you see.  Oh, what you mean to me.  Until I do I’m hoping you will know what I mean…. I will say the only words I know that you’ll understand, my __.”  Hint:  Really now, this is so easy.  What was her name?

The party across the river continues.  This afternoon the firecrackers and explosives began.  By that I mean things that make big noises.  Daku does not like these noises.  When they explode he comes over to one of us and has a desperate look, very agitated.  It seems that the older he gets, the more sensitive he has become.  It’s going to be a long week.

Several airports in Thailand, including ours, have canceled flights that occur during the times when people will be celebrating in the evenings.  This is to prevent problems with the lanterns that will be streaming upward into the night sky.  Last year there was an attempt to restrict the hours that one could launch the lanterns, but not everyone gets that kind of message.  It just doesn’t work.  As a result, this year hundreds of flights, both local and international, are either being canceled or rescheduled.  Amazing Thailand.

Today’s photo was taken last year during Loi Krathong, at Wat Jetyod.  Yes, there was a parade.


This is that fun time of year when we count vitamins to see what we need to bring back from the states.  We have found 3 outlets here in Thailand that carry things we need, but others are just not sold here.  It’s also renewal time for many aspects of our lives.  Tomorrow we’re going to the Department of Land Transport, known in some countries as the Department of Motor Vehicles.  Registration for the van is coming up and we wouldn’t want to miss that.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

           Peace,
                     Danny

“Silence is a source 
of great strength.”
~Lao Tau

No comments: